Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Reason #1
  • Reason #2
  • Reason #3

Site Description

RRA National Match A4 24" Upper

Discussion in 'Black Rifle Forum' started by robinsok, Feb 17, 2012.

1. robinsok

May 9, 2007
    I have been thinking about buying a varmint caliber bolt action for a while. Kind of narrowed it down to .223 because i already reload for it and have a good bit of components.

I thought i would go with a Tikka T3 Varmint, heavy barrel. Then i got to thinking i should probably compare to an AR upper and see how they stack up. I already have a RRA lower with 2 stage trigger i could swap the upper onto, so it's just the cost of the upper an scope/bases and i'm in business. If i go with the T3, I have to also buy a railed base as well. The T3 is also a couple hundred dollars higher than the RRA upper.

So is this a good upper to go with, is there any reason i shouldn't be looking at an AR upper instead of the bolt action?

This will be used for just paper punching, and maybe a varmint shoot if i ever actually decide to go.

If there is another heavy barrel upper that you think is a better deal, which one?

Weight isn't too much of a concern, this will be all bipod/bench/prone shooting, like i said i already have 2 lightweight AR's that can be carried if there is a reason, and i like the long heavy barrel for extra velocity and so that it will not heat up as fast...
  2. faawrenchbndr

faawrenchbndr DirtyThirty fan CLM

Nov 24, 2005
    The Tikka would be a VERY good choice!
    RRA makes a great varmint heavy barrel upper, I had a 20"
    it would hold right at 1moa out to 300m