RRA Basic carry has landed

Discussion in '1911 Forums' started by drc767, Dec 6, 2010.

1. drc767

drc767 Navy CSAR

My RRA Basic Carry got here today. It looks to be a really solid built pistol; Good slide/frame fit, nice trigger, everything is fit nicely. Now to just get some rounds through it later in the week. I could not resist changing out the trigger and grips. I am not sure about the VZ Frags as a permanent deal, but they will do for the time being. I am going to try and get to the range later this week......Here are a couple of very quick pictures I took today....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Very nice. :thumbsup:

3. very nice! if it shoots as good as it looks, it's a winner.

4. just want you to know, it's all your fault i'm short a grand. $1000 bucks is a little steep for teaching me how to post pics on here. :rofl:

5. What a beauty. Could almost make me reconsider a 5" Baer as my next one.

6. If I threw that out in my yard for pics today, all you would see is a 1911 shaped hole in the snow. :shakehead:

Looks like another sweet blaster Dave. :thumbsup:

7. drc767

drc767 Navy CSAR

No snow in TN, but we have had a couple flurries that last two days.....I am starting to wonder about that "warmest year in history" BS. :)

#7 drc767, Dec 6, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2010
  8. wow. already? i'm gonna be up your way next aug for the wifes family reunion. north olmstead. snow will be gone by then? :cool:

9. glock2740

glock2740 Gun lover.

Congrats Dave! Can't wait to hear how it shoots. You had to go and put a damn solid trigger on it didn't you? :shame: Well, at least it isn't flat. :tongueout:

10. drc767

drc767 Navy CSAR

I know, Joe....it is almost as bad a installing a three-hole trigger on a TRS.....:)

11. Looks great Dave.

12. That's five minutes from my house. I wouldn't hold your breath. Supposed to snow everyday this week sucka. :rofl:

13. Dave that's a fine looking gun let us know how it shoots. :cool:

14. :whistling:

15. glock2740

glock2740 Gun lover.

:rofl:Touche my friend. :supergrin:

16. RRAs and Baers look a lot alike, but feel nothing alike in the hand.

17. Looks great Dave.

Congrats! :cool:

18. That is a beautiful looking 1911. Im not sure about the grips either, but still the pistol is awesome!!!

19. glock2740

glock2740 Gun lover.

Good luck. They quit making Rock River 1911's a couple of years ago. You can still pick them up on GB from time to time though.

20. Yeah, they're not real easy to come by these days. :crying: