close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

rp military rank insignia

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by cebuboy, Oct 23, 2004.

1. cebuboy

cebuboy toy soldier

Apr 27, 2004
    Cebu
    hi bogs, anybody got a picture/sketch of our armed forces rank insignia? i only know that star=general:)

2. I doubt if ours stray far from the US Army insigna patterns. We Pinoys adopted/adapted the US Constitution with our 1935 Commonwealth version, Coca cola, rock and roll, and look up to the green card as a ticket to redemption from poverty. ;Q

I guess you would be quite accurate with a download of US military insignia. From the top of my head I could confirm the progression of inverted V's as private, corporal, sergeant; double bars as lieutenant, clover leaf for major, forgot the captain's and colonel's... ;)

3. cebuboy

cebuboy toy soldier

Apr 27, 2004
    Cebu
    hi nc, our commisioned officers have different rank insignia than their us counterparts. our lt do not use the bars. so does major and colonel do not use the clover and armani:) i think 2lt starts with a triangle the full colonel has 3 circles:)

4. cebuboy

cebuboy toy soldier

Apr 27, 2004
    Cebu
    thanks pepe:) one more thing, how about our police? do they use the same insignia?

5. Pepe G Boy

Pepe G Boy

Oct 20, 2004
    Philippines
    I believe its different. Their corresponding ranks are also different (e.g. Master Seargent in the military is equivalent to Senior Police Officer 4 in PNP). Will try to research that for you.