close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Rounds downrange with P229....

Discussion in 'TOP GUNS *357 Sig* Club' started by NitLion, May 12, 2012.

1. NitLion

NitLion

Feb 11, 2001
    Pennsylvania
    Beautiful day here in central Pa - wanted to shoot some of this ammo that's stacking up. The last time I took three frangible loadings out so this time I took three remanufactured loadings out which consisted of:

Atlanta Arms & Ammo - 124g - FP TCJ (RL)
    J&J Ammunition - 124g - PHP (RL)
    Parabellum Research - 125g - FMJ (value line)(RL)

I was very impressed by the Atlantic Arms & Ammo and the Parabellum Research. Both had that Snap, Crack & Pop of a stout 357sig load that makes you love this round! Both were accurate -- and zero failures of any kind. The J&J? Not quite soo impressed. It had a weak pop that made me want to look at the muzzle to make sure the cork got out. I had two rounds fail to feed ( an almost non-existent problem with this gun, in the thousands of rounds I have put through it.) Also... not too accurate. I couldn't really even put one in the 3" circle targets (printed from Targetz.com)
    Felt better when I switched back to Atlanta Arms & Ammo and did this:

[​IMG]

I play a game where I shoot the upper left circle. then upper right, then lower left and then lower right. I go in this order until I miss (from about 12 yards away). I finally missed at shot 16 (lower right). I did put round 17 in there so as not to finish on a miss.
    Then I did the same with the Parabellum Research.(below) I missed at shot 7, but so obviously knew it was me that I pressed on and didn't miss again until 25!

[​IMG]

I then put a ten round mag of each ( AAA and PR) into a silhouette target with below results. It's a limited shooting sample, but so far I would definitely buy and use these brands again!!

[​IMG]

PS - theses were the 74th,75th and 76th loadings through this pistol!!

Last edited: May 12, 2012