close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Rough time

Discussion in 'Cop Talk' started by m2hmghb, Jun 16, 2013.

1. I'm sorry about your father in law. Chemo is really rough. The best advice I can give him is to take the meds before you think you need them, it's easier to keep ahead of the nausea and other problems then it is to play catch up. I can always tell when mom takes the meds to increase the production of RBC and WBC, it causes the bones to hurt quite a bit. He's in my prayers doc.

2. razdog76

razdog76 Heavy Mettle

Sep 26, 2007
    Ohio
    Sorry man, I think for some reason it has been a lot harder lately for a lot of people I know.

3. Update time. Apparently there isn't just one infectious bacteria but there are two in her system. They put her on a third antibiotic. Her doctor doesn't expect to release her for another 10 days at the earliest.

4. CJStudent

CJStudent Fenced In

Nov 3, 2005
    KY
  5. Mom is on Vancomycin and two others, she can't eat because of the nausea from the antibiotics. They need to do something about the distention in the gallbladder and the obstructions of the biliary tract but they can't unless the infection is knocked down.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2013
  6. ALDIS

ALDIS

May 25, 2007
    Prayers for you and your mom.
    Hope she recovers fully and quickly, and hope you get to feeling better real soon.

7. Latest is that they found an air pocket in her abdomen. They think her intestine may be perforated as well but they need to do scans to check. She has abscesses and they are going to be draining another one today.

8. TBO

TBO Why so serious? CLM

Prayers for healing, and peace.

Respectfully,

TBO

9. Things have gotten better, but it looks like it's time for another "here we go again". Mom was sent to rehab on Friday the 5th, she is developing an infection at the site of a drain. I'm going to check on it and talk to her doctor tomorrow, I'm hoping I can convince them to get a culture and send it out with a rush priority. It's times like this that having a good relationship with the insurance companies health car coordinator comes in handy. Hopefully the infection isn't anything major and oral antibiotics will take care of it, but there is a good chance it won't. Sorry for not updating much, things have been busy around here.

10. It's a good thing that you are on top of it. This might make a big difference.

11. Well it's time for the update I didn't want to post. Mom is at home on hospice. Sarah, my beautiful collie died one week to the day before mom was sent home. Mom is unable to walk far, we move her with a wheelchair and she can use a walker from time to time. She has a pair of bile drains in which have to have the bandages changed every week or so and flushed once or twice a day. She cannot have chemo due to organ damage, radiation won't do much if anything at all so it looks like it's just end game. She says if her oncologist comes up with any ideas she'll jump on them, but I dont think she is capable of taking anymore treatment.

12. Gombey

Gombey

Oct 10, 2011
  13. Mrs.Cicero

Mrs.Cicero Wayward Member

Aug 13, 2004
    far from home
    You and your mom are both in my prayers tonight.