close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Room on my Carbine

Discussion in 'Black Rifle Forum' started by MississipVol, Oct 23, 2012.

1. MississipVol

MississipVol
    Expand Collapse

I have the Magpul edition of the Colt LE6920. I am thinking of getting the Aimpoint Pro pretty soon BUT was wondering - is there enough real estate on the upper to put the AP Pro AND have room for a Magnifier down the road or do I have to get another mount that would position the optic forward?

I really like the Pro and its price point but would hate to spend $180 for a LT forward mount. Are there any more budget friendly ways to do this if the forward position is necessary?

What if I went with the EXPS Eotech instead? Thinking this may not be an issue.

Let me know your thoughts for those of you that have experience with these issues. Thanks!!

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. MrMurphy

MrMurphy
    Expand Collapse
    Moderator Moderator Millennium Member Lifetime Member

You'd need the LT129 cantilever mount if you wish to fit a magnifier, rear sight and optic all at once.

Leaving off the backup sight would give you enough room with the standard mount. Not optimal if it will be used for serious work.

The XPS would not change things from what I remember.

3. Travclem

Travclem
    Expand Collapse
    Badass Member
    Lifetime Member

I know that you can mount an XPS2 in the most forward slot and a BUIS in the most rearward slot and have room for the magnifier. You'll need a cantilever mount to do the AP.

4. cowboy1964

cowboy1964
    Expand Collapse

I'm not sure I've ever seen even an XPS2 that didn't require a flip-to-side for the magnifier but maybe I've forgotten. It may fit but the BUIS can't be raised unless the magnifier is removed.

#4 cowboy1964, Oct 23, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2012
  5. Travclem

Travclem
    Expand Collapse
    Badass Member
    Lifetime Member

Correct, you do need a flip to side mount for what I described, but The XPS has nothing to do with this. What in my post made you think that I said you didn't need a FTS mount? I'm not sure why you would want to flip the sight up with the magnifier in place, it can't be used through the magnifier.

#5 Travclem, Oct 23, 2012
  6. MississipVol

MississipVol
    Expand Collapse

Wait.....you sent this from a pay phone in a whorehouse in Mexico???

I was just waiting for a guy to get off the pay phone at a whorehouse in Mexico myself to send THIS message!!!

7. PAGunner

PAGunner
    Expand Collapse

I have an EXPS3-0 and fully intend on putting a G33 magnifier on when I can find one.

8. PAGunner

PAGunner
    Expand Collapse

Pay the extra cash for the EXPS, problem solved, 1/3 co-witness for the BUIS makes more sense as well.

9. Cole125

Cole125
    Expand Collapse
    Silver Member

This is a photo from anther thread, but it goes to show a Aimpoint Pro, PA magnifier w/AMD mount, will fit on the upper.

[​IMG]

The Aimpoint Pro does hang out slightly, not sure if it would hit into your MOE hand guard. If it does you could get something like a Troy Drop in rail that makes everything flush.

#9 Cole125, Oct 23, 2012