Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

  • Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.


Discussion in 'GATE NFA/Class III' started by FastCougar, Dec 19, 2011.

  1. FastCougar


    Nov 21, 2011
    I looking at getting this or something similar (carbine conversion unit by MechTec) and was wondering how this would be purchased? It obviously adds a stock to the pistol, so it would fall under NFA, presumably in the AOW classification since it's an adaptation based on an existing pistol. Howerver, it could also be considered a SBR. However, since the triggering system and "body" is existing pistol (G27 in my case), I'm assuming AOW classification. Are my assumptions incorrect? Would it be taxed at $5 or $200? Thanks in advance for any/all advice!
  2. Zak Smith

    Zak Smith 3Gunner Millennium Member

    Aug 25, 1999
    Fort Collins, CO, USA
    Generally if there is a stock it is an SBR, so that would be my guess. With this kind of stuff always get a copy of the ATF letter from the manufacturer.