close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Ron Paul - what a jerk dissing a dead hero

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by .264 magnum, Feb 5, 2013.

1. .264 magnum

.264 magnum CLM

Dec 5, 2002
    Dallas TX
  2. Fox

Fox Varmit Control

Nov 7, 2001
    USA
    Ron Paul was off his medications a long time ago. Many of his followers are the same.

Utter, utter kooks!

3. Diesel McBadass

Diesel McBadass Tactically Epic

Apr 15, 2011
    Dover NH
    im getting the popcorn, the paulbots will be out in force soon.

4. Flying-Dutchman

Flying-Dutchman

Oct 10, 2007
    Politicians need to stay away from Twitter.

Type a few ill-advised words and your career is over.

Twitter exposes the stupidity of the rich and famous.

Leave the thinking to the speech writers.

5. TrybalRage

TrybalRage Rule of wrist..

Nov 5, 2004
    Marietta, GA
    There's a similar thread on the political forum. I posted this there as well - from his facebook:

"As a veteran, I certainly recognize that this weekend's violence and killing of Chris Kyle were a tragic and sad event. My condolences and prayers go out to Mr. Kyle’s family. Unconstitutional and unnecessary wars have endless unintended consequences. A policy of non-violence, as Christ preached, would have prevented this and similar tragedies." -REP

6. Flying-Dutchman

Flying-Dutchman

Oct 10, 2007
    Paul probably thought he was typing something clever and it turned out bad.

This is not some gangster but a war hero he is referring to.

Alcohol and the internet can be a bad combination.

7. FLIPPER 348

FLIPPER 348 Happy Member

Oct 7, 2000
    Bend Oregon

"Treating PTSD at a firing range doesn't make sense"

...hard to disagree with that

8. Flying-Dutchman

Flying-Dutchman

Oct 10, 2007
    It is true what he said but now is not the time to say it. The man paid for his mistake with his life.

Ron Paul should join the Westboro Baptist Church.

9. OctoberRust

OctoberRust Anti-Federalist

Jun 15, 2011
    Texas
    I may be missing where he said something outrageous, can someone quote it on here?

I'm reading through the article.....

10. OctoberRust

Jun 15, 2011
    Texas

:upeyes: You just said what Paul said was true, but now not being the time to say it.

So are you saying Westboro baptist church preaches the truth, just at the wrong time? :upeyes::upeyes: Epic fail.

11. G36's Rule

G36's Rule Senior Member

Dec 1, 2001
    Spring, TX.
    Live by the sword, die by the sword.

How does that strike you?

12. coastal4974

coastal4974

Nov 2, 2009
    What gives anyone the idea that he was "treating" PTSD?

13. Dennis in MA

Dennis in MA Get off my lawn

Aug 16, 2001
    Taunton, MA
    I think his point is that the time to say your peace isn't when the bright lights of a tragedy is upon you. Like WBC, STFU during the tragedy. After, you can yap all you want about how you are (or are not) right.

Paul lacks tact. He thinks being right affords him the ability to speak his mind at any time. He speaks what he feels is truth, but lacks the love to deliver it.

BTW - IBTL. LOL

14. Dennis in MA

Dennis in MA Get off my lawn

Aug 16, 2001
    Taunton, MA
    It's alleged, from what I've read.

15. G36's Rule

G36's Rule Senior Member

Dec 1, 2001
    Spring, TX.
    Yeah, that little sound bite is convenient but nobody but the media is saying it. Marcus Luttrel was on CNN last night saying they were just taking a friend out.

16. Fox

Fox Varmit Control

Nov 7, 2001
    USA
    I have known several soldiers with different levels of PTSD that are still in service. They manage it.

17. OlliesRevenge

OlliesRevenge

Apr 26, 2012
    WA
    This thread is jambog... but I didn't play in the other thread so -

Dr. Paul's comments would have been way better left unsaid. I understand that he didn't intend for his comments to seem as abrasive as they did -- given his overall position of "support the soldier, but not the war", and that as a doctor he has some insight in proper treatment of PTSD -- but he should have thought this through better. The statement in reference to Chris Kyle - "he who lives by the sword dies by the sword.", has been interpreted to mean that Dr. Paul is indifferent (or even happy) about the death of a well respected Navy SEAL -- but I don't think that was his intended meaning.

I have supported Ron Paul since I 1st became aware of him in early '06. I was a lifelong republican, but as someone who was already making the shift to "small L" libertarianism I immediately identified with him. I think I was able to do that because I had never become so entrenched in hard-right ideals and thinking that I was blinded to better ideas when I encountered them.

18. OctoberRust

Jun 15, 2011
    Texas

Distasteful, I must have missed him saying that.

If he did say that, it's just using another tragedy to further push one's agenda, even if I do agree with many of his views regarding foreign policy.

19. Flying-Dutchman

Flying-Dutchman

Oct 10, 2007
    My point is both Ron Paul and the Westboro Baptist church politicize the death of our soldiers.

I agree with Ron Paul that war should be declared by Congress. I agree with Ron Paul on almost everything.

Politicizing dead soldiers turns my stomach. Protest the politicians not the servicemen and women.

Paul should stay away from Titter; we all type stupid things on the internet.

20. G36's Rule

G36's Rule Senior Member

Dec 1, 2001
    Spring, TX.
    Yes he said it. That is the cause of all these threads about RP since yesterday afternoon.