close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Ron Paul did NOT drop out today - read full email here

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by G19G20, May 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. G19G20

G19G20 Status Quo 2014

May 8, 2011
    It's a lot of work fighting the disinfo of haters and liars that frequent this and other forums and news sites but the record needs to be set straight before it gets out of hand.

Here is the actual email from the Paul campaign and no where does it say he is suspending or ending his campaign. No where. Bearing false witness is against the 10 Commandments.

Focusing on the delegates, as we've been doing for months now.

Paul advisor Jack Hunter elaborating on the email contents and the inaccurate media reports.
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzeoVUo1QCA&feature=player_embedded"]Ron Paul Has Not Suspended His Campaign - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited: May 14, 2012
  2. geo57

geo57

Jan 9, 2010
    Whew. Disaster averted ! We can all breathe a huge sigh of relief upon hearing this confirmation.

In a related story, Michael Moore will continue in his quest to capture Olympic gold in the decathlon.

3. G19G20

G19G20 Status Quo 2014

May 8, 2011
    On second thought, I hope folks like you do think this campaign is over and start getting complacent.

My new narrative:
    Yep, yep to all you Romney supporters please enjoy your victory and stop attending your conventions! No need to go to any more of those boring conventions when you can watch tv, eat cheetos and savor your victory instead. You've won! Congrats! But yeah, stop going to the conventions. Please.

4. Cavalry Doc

Cavalry Doc MAJ (USA Ret.)

Feb 22, 2005
    Republic of Texas
    It ain't over till it's over, but now I have to wonder, will I still qualify for my "Don't blame me, I voted for Ron Paul" bumper sticker if I vote for him now in the TX primary? Or should I just write in Herman Cain?

5. HarlDane

HarlDane

Jul 26, 2005
    San Joaquin Valley
    Campaigns never end with a simple "I Quit!". It usually comes in the form of vague wording that references the "suspending" of operations or as Paul put it, "no longer spend resources campaigning". There are a number of reasons they do this, usually it has to do with campaign finance issues, but it also keeps die-hard supporters energized (and contributing) and saves face for the candidate.

Of course anyone with half a brain who has followed a presidential campaign or two over the years can read between the lines.

6. Anyone who doesn't pay attention to the details or the proclamations from the die hard Paul supporters, will see his statement for what it is, that he [Paul] is dropping out.

The moment pundits and Paul's die hard supporters start talking about delegate counts, 1st vote/2nd vote at the GOP convention, etc. people's eyes start to glaze over. Same thing happens when the political pundits start talking about electoral college math. If Paul supporters/delegates at the GOP convention do disrupt things it will be interesting to see how republicans/conservatives in general respond.

7. G29Reload

G29Reload Tread Lightly

Sep 28, 2009
    THIS JUST IN: HE REALLY IS DROPPING OUT!

All the chaff with the wheat is simply:

-more like a suspension, so he can continue to raise funds
    -a nuanced way of losing.

HE won't come right out and admit it. Just fade away.

But no, G19G20 is right. I just sat around, and made all that up on my own.

Ooops.

No, I didn't:

http://www.indecisionforever.com/blog/2012/05/14/ron-paul-drops-out-of-primary-campaign

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/guyben...ul_pretty_much_drops_out_of_presidential_race

http://www.redstate.com/checkmate2012/2012/05/14/ron-paul-just-dropped-out-of-the-race/

8. G29Reload

G29Reload Tread Lightly

Sep 28, 2009
    This.

Nuanced words.
    Contribution pump to offset debt.
    Not spending money = given up the campaign
    Saves face.

He's done.

Essentially, as Romney accelerated and piled up the delegates, and all the other candidates with any realistic chances dropped out, the obvious occurred to folks who didn't want to be fools in continuing to send cash to a guaranteed loser. The writing was on the wall and he knows it. In short, his cash has dried up. He's done.

9. windplex

windplex

Aug 2, 2005
    Milwaukee
    i fully expect (expected all along) ron to go all the way to the convention and negotiate there.

10. G29Reload

G29Reload Tread Lightly

Sep 28, 2009
    That's right, everyone is a liar but you. Is that what you're saying?

Then have a seat. Technically, Herman Cain is still in it too.

For that matter, there is still a record of Santorum and Gingrich in it, in the most technical terms.

But they have come to terms with reality.

11. RCP

RCP

Jul 2, 2007
    Celina, TX
    Ok you guys think what you want, there's no point in arguing, meanwhile we will keep winning delegates and see y'all in Tampa.:wavey:

12. Ruble Noon

Ruble Noon "Cracker"

Feb 18, 2009
    I saw a delegate count on another forum that showed Romney with 800+ delegates and Paul with 600+ delegates. I'm not 100% sure of the source though.

13. G29Reload

G29Reload Tread Lightly

Sep 28, 2009
  14. Mrs. Tink

Mrs. Tink Semper Fidelis

Mar 1, 2005
    If anyone wonders why a lot of Paul supporters have little interest in voting for Romney, or really anything else having to do with the Republican party, see exhibit A: the insufferable smugness of the anti-Paul people.

Way to bring in supporters, guys. :wavey:

15. geo57

geo57

Jan 9, 2010
    Pot, meet kettle.

16. PawDog

PawDog NRA Member

Mar 3, 2005
    Big Thicket, Texas
    He won't announce until the last minute so he can continue to drain the cultists of their last drop of campaign contributions. since the majority is spent to pay family in friends, he gets to retire at the end of his current term with a few more shares of gold stocks.......

Smart move on his part, gullible supporters, not so much.

17. I don't see any big change from that newsletter. Ron Paul's campaign, such as it is, has been mostly a grassroots movement with zero top-down management. His supporters will still canvas, become delegates, pay for advertising on their own, etc. Let's face it, Ron Paul can't compete with Mitt Romney on a money basis. Romney like, like Obama, has guys like the masters of the universe at Goldman Sachs on his side.

I think it's kind of telling the absolute lack of enthusiasm for the presumptive Republican nominee versus the glee with which so many members here cheer Ron Paul's campaign woes. Say what you want about Ron Paul, he has never said anything as remotely as repugnant on guns as the Yankee progressive in magic underwear. He's never forced anyone to purchase healthcare coverage. He's never espoused pro-abortion views or pledged to defend Roe v. Wade. You get the idea.

18. G29Reload

G29Reload Tread Lightly

Sep 28, 2009
  19. Snowman92D

Snowman92D

Oct 6, 2001
    Indianapolis
    by Associated Press and KHOU.com
    Posted on May 14, 2012 at 2:50 PM

LAKE JACKSON, Texas – Ron Paul told supporters Monday that he is suspending his campaign for president because he doesn’t have enough money to compete against Mitt Romney

Interesting...last I heard from Herman Cain and Newt Gingrich, they had "suspended" their campaigns too. In fact, Herman and Newt are planning on taking their message to the convention, also. Hopefully they can all get together for lunch while they're there.

Paul, a longtime congressman, is not running for another term to represent his Texas district.

Maybe he can get a job as a contributing editor at High Times magazine. Be a good way to stay in touch with his fan base. :smoking:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.