Romney will sign an assault weapons ban.

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by frank4570, Oct 7, 2012.

1. G19G20

G19G20 Status Quo 2014

This argument has turned into a petty waste of time so Ill be done after this one point.

I was referring to the identity politics aspect. "He's not like us Christians so he's gotta go!" That has nothing to do with your rant about the danger of invisible sky men.

You, on the other hand, have proven that you don't care about actual policy by reinforcing that you are only concerned with candidate's religion. White sorta-Christian = good. Black don't-know-but-assume-Muslim = bad.

This country is f'ed.

And you never did define what exactly "drug-related crime" is.

Now where did I put that bong? Ah here it is. Ill toke one in honor of all the dogs you've shot.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. "NEVER FORGET!!!!

Just don't mention that more US soldiers have been killed since 9/11 than all those people killed on 9/11. Smart policy there"

Yeah no sense in punching back when attacked, you might just lose the fight huh? Just ball up in the fetal position and take the beating until it stops....Smart policy there.....

3. Watch it, that stuff causes Rongoloidism.
  4. Don't blame you. You're running out of dazzle. might be able to BS a BSer, but you can't snow the Snowman. :supergrin:

So you admit then that you brought up Islam long before I did. As I said previously, I was just trying to figure out who you're carrying water for...Saint Ron, or the Golden Child. It must embarassing for you to be reminded that your "invisible sky men" have been flying Boeing aircraft into our buildings and murdering your fellow Americans en masse.

Now, now...don't be depressed. Ron Paul will run again in 2016. You can maybe be a delegate again, come here and start lots of arguments, party with bimbos at hotel hospitality rooms. You had a good run this year, ginned up 3 or 4% of the registered voters. It'll be better next go-round. You'll see.

(Sigh) Okay...but that stuff's bad for ya. Every toke you take is a few more IQ points decayed off your total. Makes it harder to debate people, and you have to don't have it like you used to. Just sayin'. :smoking:
  5. Any time anyone pulls out the race card, it only serves to convince me that they have no real intellectual capital invested in an argument.

6. G19G20

G19G20 Status Quo 2014

The lunacy of the policy has clearly proven itself 11 years later (twice). Thousands more soldiers killed, untold dead civilians, trillions of dollars spent, yet still fighting with no end in sight.

There's nothing I can say that Clint Eastwood didn't already sum up nicely:

"We didn't ask the Soviets after 10 years how that works out."
  7. OK, who still stands by this one, and who wants to claim Obama is no danger to the Second Amendment?
  8. Ruble Noon

Ruble Noon "Cracker"

Sure he is. Problem is the other guy has already proven that he is also.
  9. wjv

I'm sure that when he said that he wanted to reintroduce an AW Ban he was talking about an All Wheat Ban, to help those people who are allergic to wheat. . . :tongueout:
  10. The actual danger seems to be in the supreme court justices. Obama will select *mostly* democrat types. Romney will select *mostly* republican types. Heller was a 5/4 vote. The next vote could go badly for us.
  11. QNman

QNman resU deretsigeR

Except he said he wouldn't. Obama said he would. Choose.
  12. QNman

QNman resU deretsigeR

I'm with you in principle, my friend. But we have a choice - a) or b). Not "None of the above".

We tried in the primaries for something better. We have what we have.

Choose or spectate.
  13. Not to mention Obama sounded positively enthusiastic about one
    #133 countrygun, Oct 16, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2012
  14. QNman

QNman resU deretsigeR

Too bad Romney didn't ask him why he didn't pursue one in the first four...
  15. and then tie it to "F&F" as an underhanded attemp to inluence events
  16. concretefuzzynuts

concretefuzzynuts Brew Crew

Quote from Obama, 2nd debate:

“My belief is that, (A), we have to enforce the laws we’ve already got, make sure that we’re keeping guns out of the hands of criminals, those who are mentally ill. We’ve done a much better job in terms of background checks, but we’ve got more to do when it comes to enforcement.

“But I also share your belief that weapons that were designed for soldiers in war theaters don’t belong on our streets. And so what I’m trying to do is to get a broader conversation about how do we reduce the violence generally. Part of it is seeing if we can get an assault weapons ban reintroduced. But part of it is also looking at other sources of the violence. Because frankly, in my home town of Chicago, there’s an awful lot of violence and they’re not using AK-47s. They’re using cheap hand guns.”
    #136 concretefuzzynuts, Oct 17, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2012
  17. Yup, thats what he said, He has said similar things at different venues for years, yet we keep hearing about how Obama does not want to take away our guns.

I think Romney made it clear, no new gun laws.
  18. That's not true and it's been covered many times in GT threads.

If you actually examine his record it is clear Romney signed no anti-2A bills while he was Gov. He only reduced gun control, removed gun control language from bills, or signed pro-2A bills into law.

The liberal media and Obama supporters are misrepresenting Romney record. The NRA magazines published a link to Romney‘s actual entire record:
  19. Ruble Noon

Ruble Noon "Cracker"

Dude you are the only one in what is left of the free world that claims Romney is pro gun. As far as this goal that you keep quoting, I've never heard of it. Are you its founding and only member?
  20. and you are the only one who gives a ^&*%.

I would say he is neutral and, based on what he and Obama said last night, romney is the better choice. Nobody else is in the race so....