close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Romney outpolling Reagan, Bush, Clinton, Obama

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by Goaltender66, Oct 20, 2012.

1. Goaltender66

Goaltender66 NRA GoldenEagle

http://p.washingtontimes.com/blog/r...-outpolling-carter-reagan-bush-i-clinton-bus/

2. Was was it Beckel said?

Oh yea..."It's over."

Well, not until Crowley...I mean the fat lady sings.

3. F350

F350

Feb 3, 2005
    The Wyoming Plains
    You could say "until COWley moos" :rofl:

4. hogship

hogship It's MY Island

Yeah, it is.........The proper way to look at Romney's standing in the polls, is to get some real numbers on the votes for Romney, that aren't actually FOR Romney.

I think that would be a real eye-opener! :wavey:

ooc

5. hogship

hogship It's MY Island

........Romney does convince me that he might make a better president than I had thought.......but, I don't have complete trust of him, yet.

ooc

6. domin8ss

domin8ss

Feb 20, 2012
    Not that I blame your lack of trust. He's a politician now. I too am skeptical of politicians. However, I've been a Romney backer since the last election because I saw him as the least evil of the other choices.

Regardless, and I have been saying this for over 4 years, who would you rather have in the white house during an economic crisis, the junior senator from a nearly bankrupt state with no knowledge of fiscal responsibility, or a successful businessman?

7. aircarver

aircarver Ride Continues Silver Member

... & those are the only choices now ....

8. sheriff733

sheriff733 NRA LIFE MEMBER

Nov 4, 2007
  9. countrygun

countrygun

Mar 9, 2012
    Are you talking for the General election in America, or a theoretical election in "Lalaland"?

I don't think moot points are "eye openers". Voting against the other guy is not something that has been invented since you were born

10. aircarver

I think things were going bad for Obamao long before we became aware of it.

The lamestream media has cooked numbers in his favor for so long, there's no 'English' left to apply.

Take that together with the bad debate showings, and it crumbles like an avalanche coming down th mountain.

They ought to have anticipated this problem at the end, but Hey ! Democrats don't anticipate much of anything....

That's why we have to get them out .... Before they take us down with them ...

11. Ruble Noon

Ruble Noon "Cracker"

Feb 18, 2009
    I think there will be very few votes for Romney and a the majority of votes will be against Obama. Too bad Cain couldn't keep his fly zipped, this election would have been a blowout long ago if he had.

12. aircarver

13. ModGlock17

ModGlock17

Dec 18, 2010
    DisneyWorld
    awww, come on, man. By the time you'd trust him, we'd be talking about election 2020.

14. Diesel McBadass

Diesel McBadass Tactically Epic

Apr 15, 2011
    Dover NH
    I dont see Romney as the lesser of two evils, i see him as not an evil at all, i think he has what it takes to get the economy going again, and i disagree on quite a few issues, sure, but hey are minor ones.

15. sheriff733

sheriff733 NRA LIFE MEMBER

Nov 4, 2007
    Agreed.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

16. hogship

hogship It's MY Island

He can earn my trust......and so far, he's made some progress.

I'll tell you who I don't trust......at all!

The Republican establishment.....and Mitt Romney was their chosen one.

.....must be a reason for it.

ooc

Last edited: Oct 20, 2012
  17. countrygun

countrygun

Mar 9, 2012
    Gee I thought it was votes that put Romney where he is.

Guess you didn't get the memo.

18. hogship

hogship It's MY Island

countrygun.......

So, you think the MSM had nothing to do with the choices we had in the Republican primaries?

I do.....

In the end, though.....you are correct. Romney had the votes, and he is the GOP candidate.......but there was a lot of manipulation of just who the choices we got were......by virtually everyone who had any means of doing it.

Don't get me wrong, though. I'm good with Romney as circumstances have played out. As I said many times before, my vote is against Obama. Romney will have to earn my trust, and we'll have to weigh what he says as a candidate, to what he does as president. These things are the real test of his character.

ooc

19. countrygun

countrygun

Mar 9, 2012
    Let me get this straight, first you say,

"The Republican establishment.....and Mitt Romney was their chosen one."

And then you say,

"So, you think the MSM had nothing to do with the choices we had in the Republican primaries?"

Is this to mean that you think the MSM is an arm of the GOP???? Tell for true?

Or is it that you are just young and don't know what conspiracy to believe in but you are sure there is one? There's always gotta be one, right?

Let's see, it was the GOP who cast all the votes, no, it was the MSM conspiring with the Republican Party so they could get Obama elected?

:stop:

Your logic is killing me

:rofl: