close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Romney/ Mormon.

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by frank4570, Jan 18, 2012.

1. frank4570

frank4570

Jun 25, 2004
    I've heard people say he is un-electable because there are so many non-mormon christians in this country who won't vote for him.

Anybody think that is true?

2. CAcop

CAcop

Jul 21, 2002
    California
    I saw one survey where the biggest push against him was liberals. Conservatives where much more comfortable with Mormons. I think it is because while they don't share the same beliefs conservative Christians and Mormons are a hell of a lot closer to each other than liberals.

I suspect those on the right who would not vote for him are probably people who refer to Catholics as Papists.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2012

3. The media will hold back on the anti-Mormon propaganda until after he is nominated.

4. Jeff S.

Jeff S. Carson Valley

Jun 28, 2003
    Bozeman, MT
    Personally, I don't care if he prays to the winter gods of Neptune; I just want to know his politics.

As for the rest of the country: honestly, I don't think it's a big issue. It'll be made out to be a big issue, but I don't think people care. As a parallel, I think his Mormonism is similar to Obama's skin color, in that there will be a bunch of hoopla about it, but it will ultimately be a non-issue.

5. [​IMG]

6. Paul7

Paul7 New Guy

Dec 16, 2004
    East of Eden
    .....all the while ignoring the Mormon Harry Reid.

7. G29Reload

G29Reload Tread Lightly

Sep 28, 2009
    I don't know that its cause he's mormon or any other cult.

I just don't trust someone who doesn't drink coffee or whiskey.

Something just…so….WRONG about that!

I mean, what kind of pervert…never mind.

:upeyes:

:rofl:

8. CAcop

CAcop

Jul 21, 2002
    California
    Fixed it for you.

9. cablecutter

cablecutter

Jan 21, 2010
    Provo, UT
    I am a Mormon... Anyone that calls the church a cult, now that is plain messed up! I worship the same God as other Christian religions. We have our differences( what church doesn't?) of belief but any church by definition can be call a cult.

Do what Jesus would do, thats my message!

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

10. cablecutter

cablecutter

Jan 21, 2010
    Provo, UT
    It's not funny to make fun of anyone's religion. Take your rude comments else where!

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

11. Fred Hansen

Fred Hansen Liberal Bane

May 19, 2005
    I like most Mormons I've met. I think the world of John Moses Browning; being Mormon never hurt him any.

Can't stand Romney the R.I.N.O. Wouldn't vote for him if somebody held a gun to my head. Why vote for the inventor of Obamacare? What exactly would be the point?

There are ample reasons to not vote for Romney, being a Mormon isn't even in the top 100.

12. I agree it will only be portrayed as a big issue by the support obama media. I don’t care about a person’s religious affiliations as long as they don’t try to restrict or influence mine. I believe that some of the best people in the world are Mormons compared to the lying gangster in the office now the choice would be clear. But then I have no love for criminal organizations so maybe I am just being unfair to the slimy bum in charge.

What religion is obama? I am not sure but his minister preached hate I doubt that you can say the same about the Mormon Church.

13. RMTactical

RMTactical www.AR15pro.net CLM

Oct 7, 2000
    Behind an AR-15
    I'm mormon and dont care for Reid or Romney. I prefer Ron Paul.

14. barbedwiresmile

barbedwiresmile Unreconstructed

Feb 3, 2008
    Dixie
    That is also my sense of it.

15. happyguy

happyguy Man, I'm Pretty

Mormons have a different take on the Bible than I do. But then again, it's not like he's a Methodist or something.

:tongueout:

Regards,
    Happyguy :)

Last edited: Jan 19, 2012
  16. Chuck TX

Chuck TX CLM

Jul 11, 2003
    Republic of Texas
    It'll be a sizable issue for some, but it is not the reason he will wind up as McCain 2.0 if he gains the nomination. That reason would be he is a snake oil selling liberal in conservative clothing and enough people know it.

17. heyTJ

heyTJ Giddy up!

Dec 14, 2001
    475' above sea level
    For the life of me I don't know why people get so offended when their "organization" is called a cult. The bottom line, it is, look up cult.

18. The Gallup poll that I referenced earlier certainly shows a gap between the willingness of Democrats and Republicans, but 18% of Republicans still indicated that they would not vote for a Mormon (vs 27% of Democrats).

-ArtificialGrape

19. frank4570

frank4570

Jun 25, 2004
    18% is still an awfully big chunk. I kind of think he would have a terrible time making up that many votes.