close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Romney losing ground to Obama while Paul collects delegates

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by Ruble Noon, May 22, 2012.

1. nursetim

nursetim

Mar 1, 2006
    liberalville N. M.
    I like Dr. Paul, with the exception of his foreign policy, but I really think if by some miracle he is our next POTUS, he will be a lame duck. I hate to say this but I fear it is the truth. I don't know if he has what it takes to unite us. None of the other clowns do either but at least Dr. Paul might straighten out our economy and shrink our government.

2. GAFinch

GAFinch

Feb 23, 2009
    Georgia
    How would he straighten out our economy if he, as you correctly state, doesn't have the skill set to work with other politicians in Congress to get laws passed and would end up being little more than a lame duck the entire time, much like Obama since the 2010 elections?

Why would anyone try to work with him? His entire platform is based on undoing federal laws, no matter the practical outcome. Every single issue (military, drugs, gay marriage, gun control, etc) is centered around moving the law to the states or eliminating it altogether. There'd be no quid pro quo with him.

The best he can do is build a movement for his son Rand, who does seem like he's at least trying to play well with others. I know my congressman, a Tea Party Republican, has teamed up with him on a couple bills lately...including the Life at Conception Act, which is very important to Republicans given that abortion now numbers at 55 million and accounts for 1 in 4 healthy pregnancies. Ron Paul, predictably, doesn't support the bill since it modifies the federal constitution, even though he's pro-life. You see this same simpleton thought process in his non-support of the federal bill that outlawed lawsuits against gun manufacturers, which would lead to gun control via trial lawyers.

3. G29Reload

G29Reload Tread Lightly

Sep 28, 2009
    Since Paul is essentially out of the running, his continued attempts to throw a monkey wrench in the works and either slow things down or sew discontent discredits him as nothing more than a vandal.

The only thing that matters right now is getting rid of Zero. If everything you do isn't about that, you're part of the problem.

He's a 5%er and always has and always will be. The presidency isn't about cooking up disproportionate misleading numbers, its about motivating people en masse to create a groundswell.

Paul has failed, plain and simple. He isn't the one, and trying to squeeze blood out of a stone only serves to annoy and distract at this point.

4. JBnTX

JBnTX Texas

Aug 28, 2008
    Texas

Romney haters = Obama supporters, too!!!

5. RC-RAMIE

RC-RAMIE

Mar 8, 2010
    You say it like it is a bad thing.

6. RCP

RCP

Jul 2, 2007
    Celina, TX
    Wrong. Romney supporters = white Obama supporters. We get Obama regardless of who wins this one your choices are simply dark chocolate or white chocolate. Enjoy!

7. The Machinist

The Machinist No Compromise

Sep 20, 2009
    The Left Coast
    The one fundamental difference between Obama and Romney, is that one is black, and the other is white. Regardless of which one wins, your life as a tax-paying head of cattle will remain unchanged. The debt will go up. The borders will stay wide open. The TSA will put their hands on your privates.

I honestly don't understand Romney supporters. I guess if you can't beat 'em, join 'em.

RCP stole my thunder!:tongueout:

Last edited: May 22, 2012
  8. aspartz

aspartz

Oct 19, 2000
    Sandstone, MN 55072
    It is very important to the religious wing of the GOP. The actual T.E.A. Party would oppose this act. The sooner the GOP pushes the fundamentalists to the back of the bus, the sooner the GOP regains its rightful position again.

If the GOP continues to be the party of the moralists with pro life as plank #1 (and enforced christian morals as #2), they will lose fiscal conservatives like me to the libertarians.

ARS

9. Fed Five Oh

Fed Five Oh NRA Member

Dec 28, 2006
    MO
    You got nothing to worry about. The little goof will not be our next President.

10. shadowman024

shadowman024

Feb 25, 2011
    paul has no chance, i don't like romney but i have no choice

11. G19G20

G19G20 Status Quo 2014

May 8, 2011
    Hey! It's a "no chance" poster. I don't see many of those anymore in GTPI. G29Reload and ShootThemAll have it to themselves and maybe GateKeeper on occasion.

Seems there's some doubt creeping in among those that research convention results re: Paul's RNC chances and I see most readers of this forum don't actually post.

Romney is a choice. Obama is a choice. Paul is a choice. What matters is the method you use to make that choice.

Last edited: May 23, 2012
  12. G-19

G-19

Jul 1, 2004
    Goodbye :wavey:

13. G29Reload

G29Reload Tread Lightly

Sep 28, 2009

Yep. Someone more worried about money than his soul.

14. aspartz

aspartz

Oct 19, 2000
    Sandstone, MN 55072
    Might I suggest the mis-named Constitution party for those who feel moral issues should trump economic issues.

ARS

15. Brucev

Brucev

Jul 19, 2009
    Ron Paul = Ross Perot. Same deal, just a different election cycle. Result will be that the demokrats get another 4 years to further advance their agenda of domestic terrorism. Those who support/vote for the second rp are only enablers of the demokrats. That is all. Nothing more. Nothing less.

16. aspartz

aspartz

Oct 19, 2000
    Sandstone, MN 55072
    People who hold their nose and vote for a BAD candidate just to beat the other guy are those who perpetuate the bad choice made by the GOP.

ARS

17. aspartz

aspartz

Oct 19, 2000
    Sandstone, MN 55072
    The government should not be concerned about anyone's soul. That is the responsibility of the individual.

ARS

18. Cavalry Doc

Cavalry Doc MAJ (USA Ret.)

Feb 22, 2005
    Republic of Texas
    Oh well, at least the Paul guys are keeping it interesting.

It'll be fun to watch.