Romney lies about pre-existing conditions in debate

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by Flintlocker, Oct 6, 2012.

This isn't the first time Romney's lied in front of a national audience and then had his advisers come out and correct him. Apparently he thinks undecided voters would be stupid enough to believe this BS... and he may be right. What a weasel.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Loading...

Similar Threads Forum Date
    So It Begins: Obama Lies, Claims Romney-Ryan Will Raise Your Taxes Political Issues Aug 12, 2012
    Romney-Holyfield Fight The Okie Corral May 16, 2015
    Obama shocked, 'slightly irritated' by Mitt Romney's 2012 concession call: Political Issues Feb 4, 2015
    Romney Out ... Political Issues Jan 30, 2015

3. rgregoryb

rgregoryb Sapere aude

chance of rain this evening

4. series1811

series1811 Enforcerator.

Oh, no! Flintlicker posted a DU talking point that says Romney lied. That does it for me. I'm voting for Obama. Four years of him just isnt' enough. I need eight.
    #3 series1811, Oct 6, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2012
  5. Ahh, what do you know, the cowards arrive to display their inability to address reality. Congrats boys.
  6. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

Hint: under "Romney’s plan to repeal Obamacare" health insurance laws on preexisting conditions would be just like they are now, which means if states want to ban preexisting condition exclusions, they would have to do so at the state level.

Do I say "so what" or point out that that is exactly what Romney supporters want/expect to happen?
    #5 Bren, Oct 6, 2012
  7. Weasel presidents, I can handle. Marxist presidents, not so much. So...I guess "O" isn't the guy I should vote for.
  8. So -- let me get this straight -- assuming that Romney lied in the debate, Obama was too stupid and uninformed to refute those lies? :dunno:

Do we want someone that ignorant and incapable of extemporaneous thought to be dealing with some of the world's shrewdest and most devious national leaders??? :headscratch:

9. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

I notice you were away for a few days after your man crahsed and burned in the debate.:rofl:
  10. Oh no, Romney suggested something other than a Big Government solution to make everybody's lives just perfect. No I can't stand for that.

I want the Federal Government to step in and take over health care and run it as efficiently as they have Social Security, the war on drugs, and the war on terror. The only way we can count on that kind of effectiveness and efficiency is by trusting the Federal Government.
  11. aircarver

aircarver Ride Continues
    Silver Member

Flinty has the proverbial 'chance of a snowball in hell' of deflecting this crowd. .... :supergrin:

12. Romney said: "I do have a plan that deals with people with pre-existing conditions. That's part of my health care plan." He said that to appeal to undecideds, who are generally low information people, and they're gonna think, "great, Romney has pre-existing conditions covered." But it's a lie. His plan is to let the states decide. That's no plan, it's a cloud of BS that he hopes will fool people just long enough to get himself elected. It's just like his lie about lowering income taxes by 20% isn't going to crater the national debt. It's pure hokum.
  13. I can't wait until all health care is run by the Feds on the TSA model.
  14. aircarver

aircarver Ride Continues
    Silver Member

The FUD is all yours, now ...... :supergrin:

15. Yes, I do realize that getting you extremist ideologues to rationally confront even this obvious lie from Romney has a snowballs chance at success. Most of you are too far gone. But I do find it amusing.
  16. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

So, in short: YOU say that Romney never said pre-existing conditions would be covered, but that he should have expected people to assume that.:rofl::rofl:

Good one. You guys really caught him.:rofl:

Another standard Flintlocker thread - ranting that a guy lied, just before admitting he didn't.
    #15 Bren, Oct 6, 2012
  17. It's a lie because its intent is to deceive.
  18. Yes...yes. :crying: And we need a President who will be more "flexible" after the election.
  19. Kind of like saying,

"If I don't get it fixed in three years then it's a one-term proposition"

20. obama lies about any and everything that fits his needs.

21. No, not like that at all, but explaining the difference probably wouldn't help you.