close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Romney Avoids FEMA Questions

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by Flintlocker, Oct 30, 2012.

1. Flintlocker

Flintlocker

Jul 1, 2011
    http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2012/10/30/romney-avoids-fema-questions/

Mitt Romney's campaign said he wouldn't do away with the Federal Emergency Management Agency, but it's unclear how a President Romney might overhaul disaster relief programs – a topic that was revived in the wake of Hurricane Sandy.
    During the GOP primaries, when FEMA was facing a funding crunch, Mr. Romney suggested at a June 2011 debate that he'd like states to have more control over disaster relief funding and efforts.
    “Every time you have an occasion to take something from the federal government and send it back to the states, that's the right direction,” Mr. Romney said in response to a question about FEMA. “And if you can go even further and send it back to the private sector, that's even better.”…

2. countrygun

countrygun

Mar 9, 2012
    I agree with him ad don't see the problem, unless you are a big Government liberal who like the federal teat to comfort you.

3. Cavalry Doc

Cavalry Doc MAJ (USA Ret.)

Feb 22, 2005
    Republic of Texas
    Wow, that's a great idea.

Romney has it right on this one.

4. Providence

Providence

Feb 5, 2011
    Woodstock, GA
    Didn't know this. Thanks for posting. Makes me like Romney even more!

5. cowboy1964

cowboy1964

Sep 4, 2009
    U.S.A.
    OBAMA AVOIDS LIBYA QUESTIONS

Which is more important?

6. Flintlocker

Flintlocker

Jul 1, 2011

Then why won't Romney just re-iterate his previous statement? Why is he repeatedly ducking questions about FEMA? Why does Romney's campaign contradict him?

7. countrygun

countrygun

Mar 9, 2012
    That is just a small issue, size wise, compared to all the contradictory stories from the Administration over Benghazi.

Can you imagine how frustrating that is to the people who care about the truth? Since you are a liberal you will have to use your imagination on the "caring about the truth" part.

8. Cavalry Doc

Feb 22, 2005
    Republic of Texas
    Because the media will take anything he says and twist it into a negative.

Barry is running from a real flub up though.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 30, 2012
  9. Flintlocker

Flintlocker

Jul 1, 2011
    Translation: Well, it's a fine point of OMGBENGHAZIBENGHAZIBENGHAZI!!!!!!!1111one!!

10. countrygun

countrygun

Mar 9, 2012
    I am sure the families of the dead would thank you for the typical liberal concern you show.

11. Cavalry Doc

Feb 22, 2005
    Republic of Texas
    [​IMG]

Too bad I can't airbrush your old avatar accompanying the jackass, oh wait, that would be redundant, never mind.

I'm guessing you've never been under fire and called for close air support.

OMG, MF'er, and a few other expletive's are expected in times like that.

It wasn't a fine point you made. Romney is a lot more classy than Barry ever was. He's giving him the stage today, and the race will go on tomorrow.

I'm really hoping your guy loses in a big way. Just remember, dems usually fold when the going gets tough. It might be raining, and the welfare rats will stay in their section 8 housing, ruining Barry's hope for a second term. It's just too hard to get wet to vote for the status quo.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 30, 2012
  12. Flintlocker

Flintlocker

Jul 1, 2011
    What a sanctimonious load of crap. You guys happily politic over the graves of Americans based on nothing more than anonymous sources, wild guesses and outright lies. Now it's come to the point you can't even answer a question without invoking Benghazi. It's pathetic and so are you.

13. IvanVic

IvanVic

Apr 19, 2012
    While this makes a great political point, has their been actual confirmation from a verifiable source that the president was the person who denied this support? I have yet to see Fox run anything that claims this, and they would certainly be all over if this had been confirmed. Did I miss the story?

14. Providence

Providence

Feb 5, 2011
    Woodstock, GA
    From the tone of your post I guess you didn't like our responses to your post. Maybe it was because your post was a sanctimonious load of crap. I know your grasping at straws, but you've got to do better than this. Obama is loosing this election. He needs your help!

15. countrygun

countrygun

Mar 9, 2012
    I am far less concerned about communications issues in the Romney campaign than I am why Americans died, and why their are so many "Officially Contradictory" stories coming from this Administration.

Of course, in liberal fashion, you are holding up the rug while the White House sweeps it underneath.

16. Providence

Providence

Feb 5, 2011
    Woodstock, GA
    Who do you think made the decision? There is only one person who makes these kind of decisions.

17. sheriff733

sheriff733 NRA LIFE MEMBER

Nov 4, 2007
    How very typically liberal of you. No real defense or substance, so resort to personal insults or attacks.

Is it starting to get under your skin that Comrade Obama is about to get the boot?

Sent with Probably Cause and Irrisputable Proof.

18. IvanVic

IvanVic

Apr 19, 2012
    I don't know, I'm waiting for confirmation. If this turns out to be the case, I am sure we will know sooner or later, the former being the better case considering the time crunch of the election.

19. callihan_44

callihan_44 INFIDEL

Aug 19, 2010
    Flyover,USA
    hmm lets see here , fema= essentially another handout...How do I know? ive worked a few disaster areas where fema got involved and talk about a red tape mess! Fema provided housing after some of the tornado disasters to those who couldnt afford to move somewhere else, providing a place to live free of charge...only problem is some who took the offer didnt want to leave (this happened during katrina also I believe)....who would blame them, free rent-utilities for 18 months so fema had to come up with a way to get em to self evict.....they start charging them fairly high rent after the deadline, thats how they do it...also there was alot of meth lab busts in these fema camps(which tells you exactly what kind of people chose to live there). Giving a helping hand is one thing, but when government gets involved people expect it from then on.