close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Rombama

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by Yessir How High, Aug 13, 2012.

1. Yessir How High

Yessir How High

Feb 9, 2007
  2. JBnTX

JBnTX Bible Thumper

Aug 28, 2008
    Fort Worth Texas

But you Obama supporters sure have.

3. series1811

series1811 Enforcerator. CLM

So, you will be voting for Romney then, right? No difference (except Romney actually has a resume, so that should break the tie, right?).

4. Kablam

Kablam

Jan 12, 2005
  5. Cavalry Doc

Cavalry Doc MAJ (USA Ret.)

Feb 22, 2005
    Republic of Texas
    They are alike in some ways. Ron Paul and Barry are alike in some ways.

Of the choices we have left, there are differences. If you choose to see, the differences are there.

Do whatever you want, but be honest about it.

6. G19G20

G19G20 Status Quo 2014

May 8, 2011
    Name one way Ron Paul and Obama are alike. Show me one thing that Obama has done in his first term that coincides with Ron Paul's views. Just one.

Name one based on Romney's record and Obama's record. No identity politics crap.

7. I was thinking the same thing. Then I thought of every thing an individual prefers, and that some smat ***** would say they are alike in the running shoes they wear. More than just generally speaking, they are not alike by a long shot.

D

8. Lethaltxn

Lethaltxn

Mar 23, 2010
    Texas
    I tell you what, when you guys who are so upset with Romney find the perfect candidate, you tell us all about them and we'll vote them in.

9. sugarcreek

sugarcreek familyman

Feb 27, 2007
    ...in the neighborhood.
    There is a WORLD of difference between Romney/Ryan and Obama/Biden.

It is BIG.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2012
  10. The Machinist

The Machinist No Compromise

Sep 20, 2009
    The Left Coast
    Every Romney supporter says that, but they never articulate what the differences are.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2012
  11. Stubudd

Stubudd

Nov 4, 2008
    Kennesaw GA
    I didn't see Lew say a single word in that video

12. countrygun

countrygun

Mar 9, 2012
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by G19G20[​IMG]
    Name one way Ron Paul and Obama are alike. Show me one thing that Obama has done in his first term that coincides with Ron Paul's views. Just one.
    I was thinking the same thing. Then I thought of every thing an individual prefers, and that some smat ***** would say they are alike in the running shoes they wear. More than just generally speaking, they are not alike by a long shot.

Well guys here is what Romney put forth as his 5 point plan yesterday in High Point NC,

1. Energy independent North America using all resources including renewables.

2 .Education, give our children the skills to succeed.

3. Make international trade fair to America.

4. Reduce government spending and balance the budget.

5. Support small business. Make it good to build a business again.

So it you guys are right and Ron Paul is nothing like Romney, I would say that Romney IS the better choice since Ron Paul must be against those things according to you.

13. The Machinist

Sep 20, 2009
    The Left Coast
    :faint:

You've got to be kidding me. You're seriously going to take these super-vague campaign promises at face value?

14. countrygun

countrygun

Mar 9, 2012

what do you care? you're out of it anyway.

15. Indeed, the two sides of the equation look vastly different but, there is still an equal sign between the two. It's either welfare or warfare. Either way, the money gets spent and the nation suffers.

D

16. The Machinist

Sep 20, 2009
    The Left Coast
    So that's a yes. I'm a bit dismayed, but not at all surprised.

17. All great ideas, save for #2 (I've got real issues with government schools), but what in Romney's political past makes you believe he will actually do anything he says? You don't really believe he's actually going to reduce government spending and balance the budget, do you? By balance the budget, does he mean he's going to keep increasing spending but only at the projected rates? What a farce.

D

18. IvanVic

IvanVic

Apr 19, 2012
    If you start the conversation by claiming that they are the same politician, then I'm guessing that people just don't bother to waste their time.

19. countrygun

countrygun

Mar 9, 2012
    The question is still on the table,

"I was thinking the same thing. Then I thought of every thing an individual prefers, and that some smat ***** would say they are alike in the running shoes they wear. More than just generally speaking, they are not alike by a long shot."

So would Ron Paul support those things or not? If he did. wouldn't that make he and Romney alike?

Remember, Paul is just a politician too, no reason to take is word either, but would he SAY he supported those things?

20. The Machinist

Sep 20, 2009
    The Left Coast
    I'm guessing instead, that there are no fundamental difference between the candidates.