close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Rock Island Armory

Discussion in '1911 Forums' started by Gbannan, Dec 1, 2012.

1. PPinesRon

PPinesRon

Jan 23, 2010
    South Florida
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2012
  2. Paul7

Paul7 New Guy

Dec 16, 2004
    East of Eden
    I had one that was not reliable, even after going back to the factory. They finally gave up and sent me a new one, which I sold. My experience is probably the exception.

3. Fordtough25

Fordtough25

Jan 25, 2011
    Indiana
    I have a 5" government model RIA and it shoots grear, I got it used and the throat had been polished but it's stock besides that. Nice gun for the money and it feels good. I'm not a fan of the stock slick grips though, changing them asap.

4. awesome budget 1911. works great, my friends shoot them, ive personally fired a couple hundred rounds through one, nice functioning gun. really basic looking. good price.

if i were to buy any Filipino gun, id buy a Metro Arms ACII.... much better looking, better fit and finish, functioned just as good. same friend owns that one.

5. RGbiker

RGbiker

Oct 12, 2009
    Arizona
    I have a GI spec RIA for 3 years. No problems to mention in over 1,000+ rounds. Best bang for the buck for daily carry IMO, when compared to my Colt and my R1. RIA is series 70 firing pin, while Colt and R1 have firing pin safety.

OP should also consider the ATI, which looks to have a better finish over the RIA.

6. Ruggles

Ruggles

Jun 13, 2005
    Tejas
    Never heard a bad thing about them honestly.