Glock Talk banner

Roanoke Times Article

4K views 57 replies 22 participants last post by  RussP 
#1 ·
#52 ·
I'm actually a little concerned.

That list was supposed to have been accurate as of the 18th of January IIRC.

I checked as soon as the web site had it posted. My name wasn't on the list. I've had a permit for over 5 years and renewed well before the 18th.

Does that mean the State Police will think my permit is invalid?

#53 ·
Originally posted by vafish

I checked as soon as the web site had it posted. My name wasn't on the list. I've had a permit for over 5 years and renewed well before the 18th.

I have been wondering the same thing. My name was on the list but several friends of mine weren't. I also wonder (and this is just me, a very mild hypothesis) if the State Police only have the permit information on anyone that has used the permit to bypass the 30 law. The 135,000 number seems a little low but I have a hard time judging since everyone I know and deal with has one. It is on the form and we have to input the information in the computer when running a background check. When the law was first introduced the VSP would request a faxed copy of the permit almost everytime the person used it the first time. The only reason I wonder this is because the only people I have ran into (a couple of close friends) that werent on the list said they have never used their permit to buy a gun. Again it is just a theory, with not real support. It just seems wierd since all of the paperwork is done through the local courts and issued by the local courts, of course since it is linked to your DMV records the State should have an accurate report.
Consider yourself lucky, atleast you weren't on the list!
Regards
Mayberry

#54 ·
Originally posted by vafish

Could be you may be in the gap before your paperwork hits the system. But at the VCDL meeting tonight PVC brought up that someone had some trouble over a situation like yours.

#55 ·
I just joined. I should have some time ago. :shocked:

Did anyone "capture" the list? I would like to know if I made the hit parade.:steamed:

#56 ·
Originally posted by watsoncb
I just joined. I should have some time ago. :shocked:

Did anyone "capture" the list? I would like to know if I made the hit parade.:steamed:
watsoncb, the fewer copies of the "list" that survive, the better.

If you have a CHP and want to know if you are on the list, call the VSP office in Richmond and ask.

We need to let the "list" fade away...

:cool:

#57 ·
Originally posted by RussP
watsoncb, the fewer copies of the "list" that survive, the better.

If you have a CHP and want to know if you are on the list, call the VSP office in Richmond and ask.

We need to let the "list" fade away...

Thats the problem though, we can't do anything about the list because anyone can get it, being a public record and all. Ignoring it won't make it go away or remove the danger it poses.

#58 ·
Originally posted by longwatch2k1
Thats the problem though, we can't do anything about the list because anyone can get it, being a public record and all. Ignoring it won't make it go away or remove the danger it poses.
True, longwatch2k1, it isn't the long term problem, but as I said, the fewer "lists" out there....

This coming week I plan on meeting with a senior Senator to discuss the long term solution to our problem.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.