close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Riots after the election?

Discussion in 'Cop Talk' started by BudMan5, Oct 17, 2012.

1. Second City Cop, the Chicago PD is speculating about the department adminsitration's intent:

Riot Preparations?

(scroll down to the topic)

I am long retired and out of the loop but there seems to be a lot of speculation nation wide. This is the first I have seen where a major department leadership is looking at maybe preparing.

2. msu_grad_121

msu_grad_121 BOOSH

Sep 16, 2009
    NW Burbs
    How sick is it that I'd almost welcome the riots, just so the world can see once and for all what a farce this President's term has been, and all those who got him elected?

Stay classy there, Obama voters.

3. sheriff733

sheriff733 NRA LIFE MEMBER

Nov 4, 2007
    Right there with you, bro.

4. golls17

golls17 Lifetime Newbie

Feb 3, 2009
    Wisconsin
    It's sick, but since we live in a sick world, I guess I'd say it's normal...

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

5. Cochese

Cochese Most mackinest CLM

Jun 30, 2004
    Unmarked Rustbox
    I guarantee them here in Denver.

Entitlementitis is strong here.

6. Ship A'Hoy

Ship A'Hoy Trigger Control

Feb 11, 2006
    Pa
    Someone will riot and loot if the O wins or loses.

7. If Romney wins by a close margin, then yes, there will be riots in the usual areas. Hell, these places riot after a sports team wins or loses so a riot over something bigger wouldn't surprise me.

8. blueiron

blueiron

Aug 10, 2004
    If the uneducable will willingly riot because a sports team wins a trophy, they'll riot because of their emotional and 'tribal' investiture.

9. PawDog

PawDog NRA Member

Mar 3, 2005
    Big Thicket, Texas
    And, DC, Atlanta, Birmingham, Houston, LA, New Orleans, Philly, Baltimore..........it's actually a long list of possibilities, given the entitlement and "you owe me" mentality in these cities and many more.

10. F350

F350

Feb 3, 2005
    The Wyoming Plains
    Makes me glad I'm on the conservative side of the mountain; I don't think anything will start here because there just aren't enough of the right people. If it does, there are plenty of that right kind of people to put a stop to it.

11. Has "looking bad" ever stopped them before??? :steamed:

Then again we in the south have a different take on that attitude:

[​IMG]

:tongueout:

12. blueiron

blueiron

Aug 10, 2004
    With people like Debbie Wasserman Schultz, James Carville, Maxine Waters, Antonio Villar[aigosa], Joe Biden, et. al., do you really think they care about their actual public image?

13. In all seriousness, this will present a major issue for large city agencies already cash strapped. Expected overtime, equipment damage, officers hurt and off the road. Major riots are costly and in an economy that is still fragile, it will be painful.

14. blueiron

blueiron

Aug 10, 2004
    Their political co-conspirators and masters in Congress will simply borrow more money from the Red Chinese to pay for it, all in the name of urban renewal.

15. AtlantaR6

AtlantaR6

Jul 29, 2004
    Someone should really tell the potential looters the negative ramifications on the economy if they pursue that course of action. I'd bet they never looked at it that way, but saw themselves just "blowing off a little steam" and "taking what they deserve"

16. blueiron

blueiron

Aug 10, 2004

The uneducated can't grasp the simple idea of actions have consequences. They'll never comprehend macroeconomic theory.