Riot Predictions "overblown"?

Discussion in 'Survival/Preparedness Forum' started by DaveG, Jul 15, 2013.

1. So it seems that the bug out scenario many of us imagined did not happen. Thoughts on why?

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. PIMking

PIMking Im weird

Because the people that made the threats are just that. Most of those who acted like they're bad ass's were just keyboard cowboys

3. Well... at least it gave the wife and I a good opportunity to practice with our preps.

4. What were you planning on doing?

5. lawman800

lawman800 Juris Glocktor

Because unlike before, the cops are better prepared and so are the people who live in the areas.

6. I still think that people finally saw what really happened and the majority doesn't care. The media still wants you to believe that all hell will break loose. I'm serious, I heard the news earlier actually start off with reporting that this being day 3 since the verdict and would this be the day that the protest would turn "violent".

7. Meh, you call that a riot! I've seen worse at a Poison concert.

8. :rofl::rofl::rofl: Wow.

Every Rose has it's thorn.

9. RMTactical

RMTactical www.AR15pro.net
    CLM

You never know when all hell will break loose... always be prepared...

10. An awful lot of guns and ammo was sold right after the Sandy Hook tragedy. If the riots had materialized, the response by regular people might have proved "interesting" to say the least.

11. fear of backlash?

#12 walt cowan, Jul 16, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2013
  12. Because retaliation will take the form of targeted attacks on weak looking whites instead. It's already started.

13. Stevekozak

Stevekozak Returning video

I think the reasons for lack of real riots is multiple. The biggest reason, I think, is that there are very few people that truly believe that the shooting was truly a bad shoot. For all the ranting of the pundits, most people, regardless of race, know that Trayvon lived like a punk and died like a punk. The fact that so many people were prepared and armed for a possible issue is a dissuading factor to those that might be inclined to riot. Eric Holder will do his best to stir up some stuff, though.

14. Glock30Eric

Glock30Eric .45 ACP

I don't think it is overblown. The media is stirring up for it and it is undergoing right now. More cities are about to riot in name of Trayvon. I think you came here little too early. Maybe in next month then you can ask us again to see if we have changed our mind or not.

15. IF this case did not explain it well enough, in Florida people can legally shoot you in the commission of a violent felony.

Look at the states where you see "rioting" or unrest and they have something in common, a lack of guns and CCW.

Ain't nobody got time for that!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nh7UgAprdpM"]Sweet Brown[/ame]

#16 UneasyRider, Jul 16, 2013
  16. lawman800

lawman800 Juris Glocktor

The media and DOJ will keep at it until there is a riot. Remember, discord and unrest is good for business for both the media and the administration. Don't let a good crisis go to waste.

17. quake

Millennium Member

Because the shooter wasn't a "white" enough white guy...

Yarp.

Sad but true. Suspended three times in a year or so, caught with stolen goods (though the school didn't report it; even to his parents), etc. Definitely a tragedy; as in a tragic loss of a life that was already being lived as a tragic waste.

But being the one on site when a tragic stream of actions comes to confluence isn't a crime, and if it wasn't zimmerman, it probably would have (sadly) been someone else someday.

Undoubtedly.

It's pretty telling that we almost never hear about the incident in Phoenix (iirc) last year where a black guy shot a hispanic/white guy in a fast-food drive through. Claimed it was self defense as the hispanic/white guy (a pedestrian, walking his dog) was attacking his car with a baseball bat. Thing is, neither the shooter, the cops, the witness, or the dead guy laying there could produce any baseball bat. The shooter was later arrested for possession of marijuana - his defense was (seriously) that he didn't know pot was illegal. He also got busted iirc for transporting two guys on a drive-by shooting iirc.

Don't remember much about it; dead guy's name was Aldrich, Aldrin, something like that, and I may have the city wrong.

But we never hear about that story, do we...

#18 quake, Jul 16, 2013
  18. KML

KML
    Millennium Member

Not over blown yet. as long as the race haters are allowed on T.V to get the people worked up there will be a riot or riots to come

19. jdavionic

jdavionic NRA Member

I think we have not seen the peak of the reaction yet.