Rimfire home defense

Discussion in 'Rimfire Forum' started by James Markov, Nov 23, 2006.

1. Bilbo Bagins

Bilbo Bagins Slacked jawed

Again I say, tell that to James Brady and Robert Kennedy :whistling:

At close range, from a handgun, a .22 will penetrate a skull. Its easier to shrug off a .22 round in your pelvis then it is to shrug off a .22 in you head.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Depends on the distance. At 7 yards the torso is her main objective. At closer (like right on top of you) it's her call and she has no problem blasting away at the face. She is good at any distance, but she understands that longer than 7, she knows she must have the option of running away. She knows all the legal ramifications (paralegal). Same goes with a home intruder. If she can escape or if the perp is running away from seeing her/me armed, you must not shoot no matter how angry you are.
    With that said, we decided to load her with every-other-round Velociters and Stingers in the 6 shot revolver and the same with the speed loaders she carries in her purse. Groupings are very close and any recoil (if any in the .22) are already mastered. Her being peite, we are good to go with her choice of weapon, her carry method and rounds. Just wanted to know if there is another heavy grain hi-velocity solid we should consider.

3. Six shot revolver? I assume its a Charter Arms model...
  4. No, not CharterArms. Don't know much about those. Actually, it's a S & W 43 Airweight in .22lr and is very light with it's 2 1/4" barrel. It's an oldie (mfg. around 1970). Fits ok in the ThighBand, but a little tight in in the Kemmer, because of it's extra 1/4" length and the front sight is tall because of the adjustable rear. Fits her hand perfectly with a modded T-grip.
  5. Smith makes nice revolvers...do you have a pic?
  6. Camera shy, so I substituted thigh with box of shells.

7. :rofl::rofl:

Nice pic -- and clever comment! :supergrin:

8. ill take my 10/22 over throwing punches any day.:rofl:
  9. +1 (assuming it's an unavoidable, self-defense situation, of course).
  10. thats an awsome looking Smith revolver...
  11. Mounted on a thigh is even better looking! Stoked with Velociters and a speed loader or two in her purse.
  12. It reminds me of a Smith .22 kit gun or something..its a .22 revolver stainless I saw many years ago.
  13. The kit guns were the 34 and 63 (stainless), and there were 651's that had interchangeable .22 & .22 mag cylinders. The 43 is basicly the same as the 34 except a slightly longer barrel and in an aluminum frame. Light as a feather and almost as fun to shoot as my AA Glock conversion.
  14. My old S&W 63 4" kit gun is arguably my favorite handgun. :cool:

15. anybody shoot 60 grain sss aguila rounds thru a revolver?
  16. GSSF17

GSSF17 ...2 of 'em

+1.... I'd be curious what they'd do out of a 4 inch barrel at, say, 15-20 yards???????
  17. I tried the 60 grain loads once in my S&W 317. They did not cycle properly. I will just stick to 40 grain high speed loads for most of my plinking. I wish I had tried them in my Single Six but did not get around to it.
  18. Another Miller

Another Miller prankster

After I started college and on my bachelor pad, My first gun was a 10/22 with a sanford 50 round drum mag and a mag lite under the barrel.
  19. I think a 60 grain aguila would keyhole out of a short barrel revolver, which might be deadlier than just a .22 hole...

20. ...Assuming it's near-contact distance, because a keyholing bullet out of a short-barreled firearm might not be terribly accurate... :)