Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Connect with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Read up on the latest product reviews
  • Make new friends to go shooting with!
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

Glock Talk is the #1 site to discuss the world’s most popular pistol, chat about firearms, accessories and more.

riddle me this, batman...a 1911 that has...

Discussion in '1911 Forums' started by DogRomeo, Jan 19, 2012.

1. Every time I get the urge to buy my 1st 1911, I stumble across the same problem: it's got THIS but it doesn't have THAT.:steamed: I just want a 1911a2 which has all the cool tactical features, stock, for under a grand:

double stack
    night sights
    tac rail
    front strap/trigger guard stippling
    some sort of 2 tone (black & OD, FDE, etc)
    upgraded hammer & trigger

Now mind you, I keep settling on a 1911 that doesn't have one of those features (almost got a Para, RIA, Taurus, SA) then right before I accept it, I say "NO, GO START A THREAD ON ALL THOSE FORUMS YOU'RE LURKING ON!!!! Instead of reading all the time, try actually POSTING."
    I've looked on & off for about a year at all the usual suspects and gentlemen, I need you to say "What about the ________? How could you miss it?" because I feel like somehow I've overlooked one. Thanks everybody!
  2. humphreys19

Feb 4, 2011
    1911A2? What the hell is that? Double stack? Tac Rail? You don't want a 1911, you want a Glock or a M&P. I like both of them, but they are not 1911's.

3. You can get all that in an STI... but not for under a grand.
  4. ArmoryDoc

May 14, 2006
    I have to say too that it isn't a 1911 you want. 1911's aren't double-stack. I know. I'm a purist but that's how it is.
  5. BuckyP

BuckyP Lifetime Member

Feb 1, 2005
    Perhaps a good starting point:

Missing - Night sights - can add the Harrington
    Rail - there are add on rails
    2 Tone? - why ruin an NP3 finish :dunno:

14+1 flush fit, 15+1 with base pad. Also, fits 1911 holsters unlike the STI.
  6. Rally Vincent

Rally Vincent Bipolar

Feb 16, 2003
    The Bar.
    Sounds like you want a Glock.
  7. Three-Five-Seven

Three-Five-Seven Señor Mombo Millennium Member

Aug 8, 1999
    Great Southwest
    OP, you description of what you want doesn't sound like any John Browning 1911 I'm familiar with.

Perhaps another type of pistol will suite you. I think a Glock might serve you well.
  8. Spiffums

Spiffums I.C.P.

Sep 30, 2006
    Since only a few of the people above tried to really help you and the rest just wanted to add to their post count with a dog pile......

What you want is a 2011 and it does cost more than a grand. The P14 is a great place to start if you want a production gun to add to and work on. You could get a double stack frame and mags and have one of the better known smiths build you one.
  9. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

Oct 23, 2000
    California & New Mexico, US
    Isn't Para-Ordnance well known for making double-stackers?
  10. OK I just legit lol'd!!!! Have a Glock, love it, don't want another one. I DO WANT A 1911 TYPE PISTOL! lol
  11. Obviously. How about this, name me a 1911 with all those bells and whistles for anywhere NEAR a thousand.
  12. Fair enough. So can you help me or are you done?
  13. Adding all that stuff to it negates the point of buying one out of the box, don't you think? There goes the price too, so it's a no go. Thanks anyways.
  14. How is a Glock a 1911? C'mon now. :rofl:
  15. Thanks! I have a couple of them bookmarked already but I was hoping somebody knew of one that's complete out of the box for about that price. Mind you, if a $1200 Para is my answer, than it IS my answer. Have to ask though.
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2012
  16. Aren't they? Yes they are! Very cool guns but I have a hard time finding them on sale.
  17. Quack

Quack Rent this space

Jan 7, 2002
    NE Ohio
  18. BuckyP

BuckyP Lifetime Member

Feb 1, 2005
    Hey, you missed a part of the original quote. :tongueout:

19. MD357

Jul 13, 2008
    What you want doesn't exist. Para is junk, which is why competition boys gut them and start with the frame and even then I've seen guys throw a ton of money chasing out of spec problems. A high quality double stack 1911 just isn't cheap, in fact you can spend quite a bit on mags alone. Speaking from experience, save your pennies and get an STI.

Buy once, cry once.
  20. Quack

Quack Rent this space

Jan 7, 2002
    NE Ohio
    nope, i saw that, but he's asking for a Unicorn or the Easter Bunny....not going to happen. also if he looks around, he can get one of the 2011's (pre-owned) for $1300