close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Richmond Raceway Gun Show

Discussion in 'Glockers of the Old Dominion' started by Gladorn, Aug 24, 2014.

1. Gladorn

Gladorn

Jan 15, 2014
    Virginia
    I went to the C&E gun show at the racetrack today. I was rather disappointed in the show. Ammo was still pretty high, and I can get a better deal at the LGS. On the plus side, there was plenty of .22.

I was unable to find any really good deals on the items that I was looking for. Plenty of Magpul and AR items. Didn't see a single TAVOR, but I don't have the cash for one of those anyways. There were some OK deals on Glocks, but for some odd reason I swear that all of the mags seemed to be about $5+ more than what they sell at Town Police. :dunno:

There were a number of items that I was specifically looking for and could not find. I can order them online, but I was hoping to at least save on shipping.

At the entrance was a posting stating that all firearms were to be unloaded. Unfortunately I saw one gentleman had cut the zip tie off of his firearm and he had inserted the mag. :upeyes: Obviously I was disappointed in his actions. Fortunately he was not making a (further) south end of a horse of himself.

None of the Henrico Police were wearing hats. Wasn't sure how they could do anything since they obviously didn't have any authority. :rofl:

The best part of the show was the number of antique firearms. I fell in love with a few, but didn't buy any because they'd just become a safe queen for me. Since I was there at closing on Sunday, I did get offered a few deals but none of them were of anything that I needed. (It did hurt to walk away from one art print that the guy cut 50%, though.)

Anyone else go to the gun show. I'm hoping that someone else at least had a better time than I did, or at least found some sweet deals.

2. SmithietheFox

SmithietheFox Stoner63A

Feb 28, 2011
    Richmond, VA
    I rarely go to the Richmond shows anymore except when I'm looking for AR/AK mags or bulk ammo so I don't have to pay shipping. I haven't gone to a show specifically looking for a gun in years. Although I've always preferred the Raceway shows to the ones they used to have at the Showplace.

3. Gladorn

Gladorn

Jan 15, 2014
    Virginia
    Heh, I was always the opposite. I've always enjoyed the Showplace one over Raceway. But the Showplace has been held at the Raceway since the old location was made into a Roses. :dunno: Honestly, I couldn't tell one from the other now.

I've yet to make the show in Doswell. Once upon a time, I heard good things about it. But now I don't know anyone who even goes to it any more. (I swear it's only held on weekends that I'm working.)

4. SmithietheFox

SmithietheFox Stoner63A

Feb 28, 2011
    Richmond, VA
    I run up to the one in Doswell occasionally mainly because it never seems that crowded and I pick up ammo, mags, or accessories.