close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Richmond Raceway Gun Show

Discussion in 'Glockers of the Old Dominion' started by Gladorn, Aug 24, 2014.

1. Gladorn

Gladorn
    Expand Collapse

I went to the C&E gun show at the racetrack today. I was rather disappointed in the show. Ammo was still pretty high, and I can get a better deal at the LGS. On the plus side, there was plenty of .22.

I was unable to find any really good deals on the items that I was looking for. Plenty of Magpul and AR items. Didn't see a single TAVOR, but I don't have the cash for one of those anyways. There were some OK deals on Glocks, but for some odd reason I swear that all of the mags seemed to be about $5+ more than what they sell at Town Police. :dunno:

There were a number of items that I was specifically looking for and could not find. I can order them online, but I was hoping to at least save on shipping.

At the entrance was a posting stating that all firearms were to be unloaded. Unfortunately I saw one gentleman had cut the zip tie off of his firearm and he had inserted the mag. :upeyes: Obviously I was disappointed in his actions. Fortunately he was not making a (further) south end of a horse of himself.

None of the Henrico Police were wearing hats. Wasn't sure how they could do anything since they obviously didn't have any authority. :rofl:

The best part of the show was the number of antique firearms. I fell in love with a few, but didn't buy any because they'd just become a safe queen for me. Since I was there at closing on Sunday, I did get offered a few deals but none of them were of anything that I needed. (It did hurt to walk away from one art print that the guy cut 50%, though.)

Anyone else go to the gun show. I'm hoping that someone else at least had a better time than I did, or at least found some sweet deals.

2. SmithietheFox

SmithietheFox
    Expand Collapse
    Stoner63A

I rarely go to the Richmond shows anymore except when I'm looking for AR/AK mags or bulk ammo so I don't have to pay shipping. I haven't gone to a show specifically looking for a gun in years. Although I've always preferred the Raceway shows to the ones they used to have at the Showplace.

3. Gladorn

Gladorn
    Expand Collapse

Heh, I was always the opposite. I've always enjoyed the Showplace one over Raceway. But the Showplace has been held at the Raceway since the old location was made into a Roses. :dunno: Honestly, I couldn't tell one from the other now.

I've yet to make the show in Doswell. Once upon a time, I heard good things about it. But now I don't know anyone who even goes to it any more. (I swear it's only held on weekends that I'm working.)

4. SmithietheFox

SmithietheFox
    Expand Collapse
    Stoner63A

I run up to the one in Doswell occasionally mainly because it never seems that crowded and I pick up ammo, mags, or accessories.