close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

RIA questions

Discussion in '1911 Forums' started by skud_dusty, Jan 28, 2012.

1. skud_dusty

skud_dusty

Jun 26, 2007
    As the title states I've got a few questions regarded a recently purchased Rock Island Armory 1911. The pistol in question is the officer's model. I'm looking into replacing the sights, as they are quite small, but I can't seem to find a solid answer on what to order. I tried emailing Fusion Firearms but I haven't heard back from them. Here's a photo with my new BP9CC

[​IMG]

As you can see it has the tiny GI style sights on it. Does RIA use the standard Colt dovetail? I've read that it uses a stake on from sight, will any stake on front sight work? This is the set I'm looking at: http://www.fusionfirearms.com/servlet/the-746/1911-Colt-white-dot/Detail

I know they will need to be fitted slightly and I have a smith that's more than capable of doing the job, I just want to make sure I'm buying the correct sights!

Also, can anyone recommend a set of inexpensive slim grips? I like thin pistols and would like to try thin grips, but would hate to spend $50+ and find out I don't like them. Thank you!

2. ca survivor

ca survivor

Dec 25, 2011
    Florida
    the Colt sights are not much bigger, if is they fit, those sight on your gun are very rugged, I will leave them along if you are going to CCW only, BTW nice RIA

Last edited: Jan 28, 2012

3. skud_dusty

skud_dusty

Jun 26, 2007
    I would just like something slightly taller along the lines of a Springfield Mil-Spec. 3-dot sights would be nice. Eventually I will be replacing the front with a night sight, but for now taller sights will do just fine.