close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Rhineland Arms Leopard stock -- what a PITA!

Discussion in 'Rimfire Forum' started by JFrame, Mar 22, 2010.

1. JFrame

JFrame
    Expand Collapse

I posted this on the Rimfirecentral site, but thought I'd post it here also for the benefit of anyone looking to do a 10/22 build, and considering the Rhineland Arms Leopard stock...

2. 98_1LE

98_1LE
    Expand Collapse

Thomas has always fit things very tight. I am not surprised.

3. JFrame

JFrame
    Expand Collapse

Yeah -- I've been having a discussion with some good folks over on Rimfire Central, and they persuaded me that tight is far preferable to loose, and is worth the effort to avoid having to glass bed the rifle.

So I guess I shouldn't have gone quite so harsh on my assessment. I'll just leave it as a disclaimer to folks who like to play with their 10/22's that the Leopard stock should be considered a bit of a custom job, and not just a "drop-in" replacement.

I certainly can't knock the feature set of the stock. I'm kind'a referring to it as a "poor man's" biathlon rifle stock, with a semiauto action.

Thomas seems like a very nice person. He is incredibly slow at turning around his deliveries, but he is polite, honorable, and evidently takes pride in his work.