Revolver guy comes to Glock

Discussion in 'Introduction Forum' started by SJShooter, Feb 21, 2013.

1. I'm a long time collector and shooter of S&W revolvers. I love them - their looks, the way they shoot, their reliability. Honestly, I've never really given Glock much of a look - mainly because they were the opposite of aesthetic cool, at least compared to the sexy lines of some 1960s/70s Smiths.

But when it came time to get my CCW... well, as much as I love my K-frames, they are a real commitment for an every-day carry. And J-frames might be fine for a quick run to the corner store to pick something up, but are really lacking in firepower.

So I decided to get a Glock. Did my research and decided on a Glock 19. Found a local shop about three weeks ago that had three in stock. By the time I got there the next morning, they had two. I was fondling it, and the guy behind the counter pulled out a S&W M&P9c. I admit, I really liked how it felt in my hand. All of the sudden, I was second guessing myself. Research is one thing, the actual feel is another. So, there I am, holding one, holding the other - my head saying Glock, my hand saying the S&W. And the guy at the shop is pushing the S&W. Finally I asked the guy what he carries. He lifts his shirt and says "Glock 19." And I'm thinking "then why are you trying to sell me an S&W." Must be a better profit. I practically threw the S&W at him and took the Glock. Someone bought the last one before my checkout was done.

I put on the M-sized grip panel plus a Pachmayr sleeve - a perfect fit for my hand and the sleeve gives a nice palmswell feel. I swapped out to an extended slide release and have put about 600+ rounds through it so far. WOW - I love it. I don't know what took me so long to come around to Glock, but what an amazingly fun gun to shoot and carry.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Loading...