close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Reverse Syncing An Ipod?

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by Gunnersmate4, May 1, 2010.

1. Gunnersmate4

Gunnersmate4

Dec 17, 2009
    So my computer died last week and today I just bought an HP mini notebook, or netbook...one of the small little laptops. Anyways, I have downloaded itunes but I need to know the simplest and quickest not to mention least risky way to get all my music, movies, tv shows from my ipod onto my new computer. I pluged it in and itunes said i could move my downloads the problem is that not everything on my ipod was bought off of itunes, some of it was downloaded from my cd's and movies. Anyways any tech guys who are netbook, or itunes pros please help me out here. Thanks

2. mo.glocker

mo.glocker

Feb 5, 2010
    st.charles,mo
    you could have backed them up to a cd when your computer was running good,now anything that you didnt buy from i tunes is lost ,sorry itunes beleives anything not bought from them is stealing and will not back up for you,i had the same thing happen so from now on i just buy everything from i tunes hope this helps-jeff

Last edited: May 1, 2010

3. IndyGunFreak

IndyGunFreak

Jan 26, 2001
    Indiana
    I took the opposite approach and buy nothing from iTunes.

4. chemcmndr

chemcmndr

Aug 23, 2008
    Beavercreek, OH
    I understand you have a Mac now, but this is how I did it with Windows. I plugged in the iPod, and went in through My Computer, where the iPod was treated as a flash drive/external hard drive, and found all of the file songs (they were listed as quicktime files with 4 letter names) and copied them all over to my computer. I was then able to erase the iPod and install everything from there. Good luck to you!

5. TBO

TBO Why so serious? CLM

My wife has had 2 Ipods, and we've been through a few computer changes.

I'm fed up with Itunes not letting us access the music we paid for.

I think you use the Zune, and I will not let my wife buy a Ipod again.

What online music purchase place can I use in place of Itunes store?

6. handyman

handyman

Aug 3, 2008

I might be wrong but I thought you you link other computers in your house to itunes.

7. TBO

TBO Why so serious? CLM

You "register" them, and are only given so many times to do so. Then it thinks you're a pirate, and you are locked out.

It's gotten quite old. I had desktop and her laptop registered. Her laptop died, so registered her new one. Registered new desktop..., maybe 2, and the problems...

Had it up to here with Itunes.

8. G33

G33 Frisky! Millennium Member CLM

May 29, 1999
    With G29
    There is a reverse loader one of the guys showed me.
    Have to find the name.
    Third party software.
    :supergrin:

Last edited: May 1, 2010
  9. IndyGunFreak

IndyGunFreak

Jan 26, 2001
    Indiana
    Zune has something called Zune Marketplace, but honestly, I have never used it. Amazon is halfway decent for mp3 buys. I believe most are .99 each.

Honestly, while some may consider it legally questionable, I always buy my MP3's from GoMusicNow.com . I would NEVER give them an actual credit card number. Usually go get some disposable card to put money on my account. Song's run anywhere from .09-.35 each and it has a really good selection.. you can choose to pay a little more, and get songs of higher quality.

10. IndyGunFreak

IndyGunFreak

Jan 26, 2001
    Indiana
    I got one of these the other day, and have actually been really happy with it. My 4gig Ipod Nano(it was like 6yrs old, no complaints) took a dump, and I always used it at the gym. I figured I'd get whatever player I found was cheapest, but I definitely wanted one w/ a radio tuner, which was something my nano was lacking.

http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3172989&CAWELAID=202763986

For around $48 shipping, I'm pretty darn happy with it.

IGF

11. There are tons of programs that will do what you want - pull music off your iPod. I've used poddox. It sure isn't the prettiest in the world, but it gets the job done.

12. G33

G33 Frisky! Millennium Member CLM

May 29, 1999
    With G29
  13. JBG30

JBG30

Apr 16, 2001
    Pittsburgh, PA
  14. jpa

jpa CLM

May 28, 2001
    Las Vegas NV
    Use floola. It will copy files both ways. Small enough to actually copy and install on the ipod itself too.

BTW...I have the same netbook, bought it on black Friday last year. Upgrade the RAM to 2gb. You won't be sorry.

Last edited: May 3, 2010
  15. jtm62

jtm62 CLM

Nov 8, 2006
    Pittsburghish, PA
    This!

Get Floola here: http://www.floola.com/home/

It doesn't support the newest iPods (touch, iPhone, and latest generation shuffle) but it is really awesome for moving songs back a forth on multiple computers, it completely eliminates one's need to use iTunes (unless you use it to purchase your music).

16. I use amazon to get my MP3s. Every month they have 100 mp3 cds for 5 bucks each.