close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

RETURN your shopping carts please...

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Glock!9, Mar 8, 2012.

1. Glock!9

Glock!9

Errr, why are people so dang lazy!!! I do understand the mother with small kids to some degree so i usually offer to return the cart for them if i see them loading up but man so many people are lazy.

When I have my kids i get everything loaded, lock the doors and take the cart back all of 50 ft away...:dunno:

2. Cmacc

Cmacc

First world problems.

3. Glock!9

Glock!9

That is true, but should still be addressed no?

4. syntaxerrorsix

syntaxerrorsix Anti-Federalist CLM

5. OctoberRust

OctoberRust Anti-Federalist

You think that's bad? Try living where I live (little mexico/africa) Since half in my neighborhood can't drive (probably due to numerous DWI's) they literally cart the grocery carts 1 mile away into my neighborhood. They say the carts lock up after it leaves the parking lot, but obviously that isn't a deterrent enough for these guys.

6. Glock!9

Glock!9

culture problem...

7. Breadman03

Breadman03

The carts aren't the problem, but a symptom. The people that don't show courtesy and respect to the people around them are the problem.

8. jknight8907

jknight8907

I've always found that position curious...that, because we are better off than some others in the world, there is no need to concern ourselves with our 'lesser' behavioral problems.

9. stolenphot0

stolenphot0 RTF2 Addict

that's the reason I park next to the cart return, I don't have to walk as far. :)

10. HexHead

HexHead

This. And we let them vote.

11. Dennis in MA

Dennis in MA Get off my lawn

:rofl:

I grew up in a world where we had a cart kid (and no corrals). Today, they still have cart kids. Whether I put my cart in the little corral or leave it in between the lanes, the cart kid STILL needs to be employed and moving carts.

So why am I putting them in the corral again???? Because the cart kid is too lazy to actually go out and get all of em???? YeahI'llpass. 50feet is probably 4 spots away. They set those silly corrals further apart than every 8 spots. More like 4 per lot around here. Cartboy can get my cart.

You guys need something bigger to worry about. Maybe the foam in your latte's or something. ;)

12. Kloogee

Kloogee

:faint:

Wow, what a self-centered, lazy ***!

Do you really think its about the "cart boys"? It has nothing at all to do with them. It has everything to do with respecting other people's vehicles. I've seen multiple occasions where lazy ***es who couldn't be bothered to take care of their carts cause some huge dents/scratches caused by their cart running away in the wind and slamming into someone else's car. Seriously, have some respect for other people and their property. It isn't difficult.

And yes, this is a first world problem, but nut it up and walk those few extra steps. Consider it part of your workout program for the day if it is so difficult.

13. Peace Warrior

Peace Warrior Am Yisrael Chai CLM

OP, I know someone with stock in a business that uses shopping carts. They feel exactly as you do. You buy some wally world shares lately?

14. Spiffums

Spiffums I.C.P.

If we all returned our carts to the store, the 01s wouldn't have a job. And I am not going to be the person to cause another person to lose their job.................. unless they really tick me off.

It was really fun to see my Aunt go off on this welfare queen when she shoved her cart into the corral from 5 feet back and it bounced and hit my Aunt's car. I learned 10 new curse words that day...... and I didn't even know she knew how to curse.

15. Dennis in MA

Dennis in MA Get off my lawn

Ummmm, read TOS much? :rofl::rofl:

On really windy days, I run around and take all the carts OUT of the corral and leave em upwind of your vehicles. Then I videotape it and drop it on Youtube. I've got over 20,000 subscribers.

16. Kloogee

Kloogee

Nice, hope YouTube has you on the ad program so you are making some bank on it....

17. stolenphot0

stolenphot0 RTF2 Addict

if my car gets more dings, I'll not care nor worry. Its old, dented, and paint worn - but it still runs. :cool: I just can't take it on the highway too long or the transmission starts to slip after an hour at 70mph.

But, if I do park away from the carts, I will place them in the corral or take them back into the store out of respect for other peoples' nicer cars.

18. Rizzo

Rizzo Garbage Day!

England actually has a very good system about shopping carts being returned.

Each cart has a coin-slot that will take a one pound coin (about $1.50) and you have to put a coin in to use the cart- putting the coin in unlocks the cart. You go shopping, use the cart, etc, and to get your coin back you have to take the cart back to the front and secure it with the others. It's basically a deposit that you get back for returning the cart to the proper place.

Really cuts down on people just leaving them wherever, or walking home with them, etc.

19. hpracing007

hpracing007

I used to push carts so I've seen the wind move plenty of carts. The worst were the big lumber carts at home depot... Can't be everywhere at once.

20. stolenphot0

stolenphot0 RTF2 Addict

A few grocery stores here in the States did that (Aldi's being one) but it was only a quarter. It worked at first, but I think people started saying "its only .25 so who cares." Not sure if they still do that or not. We have dollar coins, but they aren't commonly used, and you can easily confuse the kid working at the gas station if you give him one.