Respectfully want your opinion

Discussion in 'Cop Talk' started by Paul53, Jan 13, 2013.

  1. Paul53

    Paul53 Geezer Boomer

    I turned 60 yesterday. I'm a disabled ER nurse with infinite respect for the carp that LEO's tolerate. Polymyositis has made me too weak to do much, which is the reason I chose to protect myself with a Texas CCL and Glock 19. Handicap license plates suggest an easy victim. In my younger days I was robbed by junkies while I was on crutches.

    Problem is, all my family is in Maine, Vermont, and New Hampshire. I feel the need to move near family, but dread the thought of driving 2500 miles without quick access to my weapon. This would put me in violation of the laws for interstate transport of guns.

    Going home with all I own in my car, obeying traffic laws (well, maybe 5 MPH over so I don't get rear ended) am I really going to end up in prison should an encounter with a LEO occur? I worked in The NM Dept of "Corrections" and know I wouldn't last long incarcerated.
  2. Loading...

    Similar Threads Forum Date
    Respectfully bowing out Religious Issues Jan 1, 2014
    Respectfully Cheating The Lighter Side Nov 4, 2003
    opinions on the 40sw as a self defense caliber and the glock 22 and 23 as a 40 caliber platform. Caliber Corner Oct 3, 2015
    Massad what your opinion of the 40 caliber compared to the 9 mm and 45 acp? GATE Self-Defense Forum Oct 3, 2015
    Your opinion of Green Slime, please. The Okie Corral Oct 2, 2015

  3. If you have a Texas CCW license, reciprocity agreements will carry you all the way to the Maryland border before you are breaking any laws. That is if you take I10 to I20 to I30 to I40 to I81. Another 15 miles through a thin strip of Maryland will take you into Pennsylvania, when you will be legal again. After that, Vermont honors the Texas permit as well, but every other state north of Pennsylvania doesn't.

    #2 ClydeG19, Jan 13, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2013
  4. Paul53

    Paul53 Geezer Boomer

    #3 Paul53, Jan 13, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2013
  5. This is not a bad place to ask this question, but since you are talking about a pretty serious subject... I'd suggest calling a law enforcement agency in the areas where you plan to travel to ask about this scenario. State Police should know, if you plan on traveling mostly interstate.

Share This Page

Duty Gear at CopsPlus