close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

research paper about gun control help

Discussion in 'Gun-Control Issues' started by cocked and locked, Apr 9, 2012.

1. cocked and locked

cocked and locked LiveFree or Die

Feb 20, 2011
    Iowa
    i have a research paper due for my English class in gunsmithing school. I have decided "why gun control doesn't work" is the best topic I could think of. I have several ideas but I don't want to miss any important info. anyone have any ideas for what should be included in the paper?

Thanks,
    Brandon

2. randrew379

randrew379

Jan 21, 2012
    Check the Second Amendment Foundation's site.
    Also,Reason magazine has their gun archives online.

3. bdcremer

bdcremer The No SpinZone

Apr 8, 2005
    Metro Atlanta, GA
    May I suggest an angle that you might be able to add to your essay. Many in the gun control crowd have a unmitigated fear of free people with guns. These same people will posit that when guns are present then someone is going to die. When you really look at the things in our lives that can kill us, guns are relatively low on that list. You might want to mention the things we should really be fearful of are more like your own doctor than a gun.

4. cocked and locked

cocked and locked LiveFree or Die

Feb 20, 2011
    Iowa
    I absolutely love that topic I completely looked over that fact and think it will make a great addition to the paper! thank you so much!!!:thumbsup:

5. Another angle to take is make an argument about how many permit holders commit violent crimes in a given geographic area. Because there is a percentage, the antis love to jump on it and say no one should be able to get a permit. Then bring up the percentage of non-permit holders that commit violent crimes. It's usually 5-10x higher. At that point the assumption can be made that there would be less violent crime if everyone was a permit holder. I don't have any numbers for any geographic areas, but hey, it's your research paper. Good luck.

D