Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

  • Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Requirement to transfer handgun

Discussion in 'Carolina Glockers' started by silsby, Dec 17, 2008.

  1. silsby


    Nov 5, 2008
    Hope Mills, NC
    Hey guys,

    Can anyone advise me on what paperwork I need to fill out or keep on hand if I sell a pistol to someone within the state NC.

  2. Thx-1138

    Thx-1138 NRA Member

    Jul 27, 2007
    North Carolina
    You need to either obtain their pistol purchase permit, or view their concealed carry handgun permit. Also view state-issued picture ID.

    I'd strongly suggest making a copy of the CCHP. Also, keep everything... forever.

  3. Cameronswmp9


    Aug 3, 2008
    Raleigh, NC
    Do a google search for firearm bill of sale. You can get them for free, and it goes into everything, from model, caliber, serial #, names, dates and notary. Spend a few bucks on the notary and keep everything together. Worse case, you have it for nothing.
  4. As said above:
    A copy of thier driver's license.
    You need to obtain (keep) thier pistol purchase permit, or get a copy of thier CHP.
    Then you need to make a note of Make, Model, Serial #
    Your and their signatures and date.
    Keep this info forever.