close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Requesting awards certificates...

Discussion in 'US Army Forum' started by deadday, Jan 1, 2010.

1. deadday

deadday

Aug 14, 2007
    Texas
    I don't have certificates for most of my awards and was wondering who I would contact to get them? What would I need to send in with the request, my 214?

2. 8-Ball

8-Ball Old SoulSoul

Aug 30, 2004
    Illinois
    How long has it been since you've been in? Would they be on iPERMS?

Not sure if awards are on there or not.

3. deadday

deadday

Aug 14, 2007
    Texas
    I've been retired for a year...seems HRC is the way to go, they just need a 180 and any documentation to prove entitlement....

4. chuckman

chuckman

Nov 9, 2006
    Durham, NC
    I couldn't help but notice the title of this thread. I hope, sincerely and really hope, the Army manages this better than the Navy. I was awarded a few things over the course of a few years, and when I ordered my record on CD from the Navy (as I am sure you are well aware it helps to have multiple copies of everything!), some of my awards weren't entered into my record. That began a multi-year nightmare.

5. deadday

deadday

Aug 14, 2007
    Texas
    I've heard the Army was horrible about this in the past, but one of the steps of out-processing, before they'll give you your sep. orders is to review your 214 and ensure that all awards/badges are listed because going through the ABC is a long and painful process...

6. luv2brode

luv2brode

Apr 12, 2008
    good luck i have things with no record of them, why bother.
    i did though find out after retired that i had been promoted twice to the same rank explains why some things move slow.

7. deadday

deadday

Aug 14, 2007
    Texas
    I've got record of them, just don't have the Award Certificates...I've got the 638s for all of them and they are listed on my 214, but since most of them were awarded by my unit while I was in the WTU, the certificates never caught up with me...

8. luv2brode

luv2brode

Apr 12, 2008
    heck if its on your dd why worry bout it, i had 3 or 4 before i found out there was certificates for them

9. deadday

deadday

Aug 14, 2007
    Texas
    Vanity...something to hang on the wall and remind me I did something worthwhile at one point in my life..