close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Republicans need to STFU about abortion

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by Sporaticus, Oct 24, 2012.

1. Sporaticus

Sporaticus
    Expand Collapse
    Aw sheet main

2. Cavalry Doc

Cavalry Doc
    Expand Collapse
    MAJ (USA Ret.)

Isn't it something like 51 to 41% favoring pro-life in the latest gallop poll?

I'm not anti abortion, but I am strongly against someone getting a tax payer subsidized abortion.

Hmmm. Wonder if the polls broke it down by state.

3. Sporaticus

Sporaticus
    Expand Collapse
    Aw sheet main

I'm against abortion, but when these guys get up there saying stuff like, the media love to play on it. Cut down to a several second sound byte, it sounds ridiculous. It will be used to take attention away from democrat problems. My local CBS affiliate has run that clip twice already, and will every thirty minutes, and no mention of the emails that reveal Obama knew about Benghazi.

4. Diesel McBadass

Diesel McBadass
    Expand Collapse
    Tactically Epic

Liberals have to stop being so bent out of shape about their "right" o kill unborn babies when there too stupid to use birth control

5. Paul7

Paul7
    Expand Collapse
    New Guy

6. John Rambo

John Rambo
    Expand Collapse
    Raven

Yes, they sure do need to shut up about abortion.

Most people, and I do mean MOST people, aren't rabid anti-abortionists. They may believe in it, or may not believe in it. But most aren't swayed by, "LIFE BEGINS AT CONCEPTION BECAUSE GAWD INTENDED IT! ITS A SIN! THINK OF THE FETI!" in a positive direction.

7. Gundude

Gundude
    Expand Collapse

Abortion isn't a crime. If you were the victim of rape, would you want to be forced to bear your attacker's child? Two wrongs don't make a right.

8. jeanderson

jeanderson
    Expand Collapse
    Toga!... Toga!
    Platinum Member

A planet with no sign of intelligent life
    The only reason this is even talked about at this point is that the left is out of bullets. They have tried very hard to tear down Romney and the Republicans and this is all they have. Pathetic.

9. Diesel McBadass

Diesel McBadass
    Expand Collapse
    Tactically Epic

I wondered why some people have tried to make this the abortion election, It seems abortion has more single issue voters than any other issue.

10. michael_b

michael_b
    Expand Collapse
    BRC #1492

Yes and put it up for adoption. Much better solution than adding murder to a rape- IMO.

-On mobile

11. series1811

series1811
    Expand Collapse
    Enforcerator.
    CLM

Slavery wasn't a crime, either, at one point in our history. We evolve, and our opinion of what it acceptable behavior changes as we become more civilized.

Do you really think abortions will be still being conducted one hundred years from now?

Do you think future generations will look at it the way we look at the Nazis now, and ask the same questions we asked of the German people today: How could you have just gone along with that?

Genocide, no matter how effective, and or convienent, is rarely the correct answer.

12. Gundude

Gundude
    Expand Collapse

It's not murder, because it's not a crime. Who are you to force somebody else to have a baby?

13. Diesel McBadass

Diesel McBadass
    Expand Collapse
    Tactically Epic

Most people will say make exemptions in mothers safety, rape/incest cases. Very few pro life people say that it should be forced. Most abortion were trying to ban is idiots who dont want to spend 9 bucks a month on the pill or wrap it before tapping it. Stupid should hurt

14. Gundude

Gundude
    Expand Collapse

Of course they will. More efficiently and without the stigma.

Genocide, murder, do definitions of words not even matter to you?

Do you really think it'll ever again be acceptable in this nation to forcefully impregnate a woman and then force her to carry the baby to term?

15. series1811

series1811
    Expand Collapse
    Enforcerator.
    CLM

I honor the law (in that although I believe abortion to be murder, I would not use deadly force to stop someone from committing it, so I am a German, too.). That doesn't mean I have to agree with it, or stop thinking it is murder, or stop thinking that someone who commits it is a murderer.

Do you remember hearing about doctors still being taught about the Hippocratic Oath until Roe v. Wade came out?

Hippocratic Oath (1595)

16. Gundude

Gundude
    Expand Collapse

A lot of pro-choice people will even agree with that.

This thread is about the rape case though. Once the pro-lifers don't make accommodations for rape, their whole position becomes untenable.

17. series1811

series1811
    Expand Collapse
    Enforcerator.
    CLM

Okay. You want to prove you are the reasonable voice, here?

Is a partial birth abortion, of a healthy baby that is seconds away from coming into the world as a human being, who is already thinking and reacting to his/her environment, and who has ninety percent of its body already out of themother, being murdered when a steel rod is jabbed into its brain and stirred until it's heart stops?

Just wondering where you draw the line.

#17 series1811, Oct 24, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2012
  18. Diesel McBadass

Diesel McBadass
    Expand Collapse
    Tactically Epic

I don't see how partial birth abortion is legal, its disgusting, i see early abortion of just a few cells as okay morally but a developed person is murder.

19. P99er

P99er
    Expand Collapse
    AKA PPQ'er

No it's not. It's about politicians making statements that give the press ammunition against their party. Notice the OP's second post. He mentions how the media use it for democrats advantage, and I am assuming to push the "war on women" angle.

Romney has already issued a statement distancing himself from the guy who said it. I'd be surprised if Romney didn't ask him to quit the race.

20. kirgi08

kirgi08
    Expand Collapse
    Southern Rogue.
    Silver Member