close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Replacing factory sights

Discussion in 'Sights, Optics and Lasers' started by Mathwiz, Mar 11, 2011.

1. Mathwiz

Mathwiz

Feb 3, 2011
    I just purchased a set of Meprolight night sights for my gen 4 G27. Is it possible to change out the rear sight without the sight pushing tool?

Front, no problem.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2011
  2. Dave.1

Dave.1

Dec 12, 2009
    Colorado
    I have usually tapped out the factory plastic sights with a dowel and you can put your new sights in that way but I wouldn't recommend it.

You can dammage the vials in the night sights and ruin them. Find a shop or friend with a sight pusher to put them in properly.

Dave

3. dkf

dkf

Aug 6, 2010
    So the night sight vials can handle repeat recoil from a 10mm but can't handle a few taps with a soft punch? Don't think so.

I didn't use a sight tool to install my sights. If you pay attention to what you are doing you can easily install the sights yourself.

Here is what I used to install mine.
    [​IMG]

4. whitebread

whitebread ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Nov 29, 2010
    Raleigh, NC
    Even if you can get the sights in without damaging anything, you won't be able to make fine adjustments to the alignment.

5. Dave.1

Dave.1

Dec 12, 2009
    Colorado
    DKF I agree that someone with experience can usually handle it but when answering a question you don't always know what the person's experience level is.

When it comes to the vials, a sharp tap from the side isn't the same as the slide moving as a unit. Especially if you slip. Lots more cushioning when the whole slide moves front to rear.

Dave