close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Replacement parts.

Discussion in 'GATE AR-15 Forum' started by NEOH212, Apr 19, 2010.

1. NEOH212

NEOH212 Diesel Girl

Mar 25, 2008
    North East Ohio
    I have Colt 6920 rifle. If I go to purchase replacement parts to keep on hand, should I stay with Colt brand parts? Is there any advantage to staying with Colt brand parts or are there other brands that will be just good or better? I don't want to skimp on quality in any way what so ever. Your input into this matter is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

2. Constructor

Constructor Moderator

Dec 10, 2009
    Roaming
    Many Colt parts are produced by DOD contractors that supply most of the AR manufactures in this country. One company I know of produces 30,000 carriers a month and over 20,000 bolts along with 60 something other small parts.
    Most parts come from the same places, the problem is other companies use sub standard commercial grade parts, and those companies and parts are better known and more popular with the uneducated AR consumer that purchases the least expensive thing they can find. If you purchase Colt parts you know they will meet DOD spec, Look for other companies that have real weapon(not accessory) contracts with the DOD. FN, LMT.

3. RainierArms

RainierArms

Oct 23, 2004
    Usually, a spare bolt & firing pin are a good idea as that's what is most commonly replaced.

4. NEOH212

NEOH212 Diesel Girl

Mar 25, 2008
    North East Ohio
    Thank you very much for the info. Aside from a spare bolt and firing pin, what else would you recommend that I keep on hand for my rifle? Thanks again.

5. Constructor

Constructor Moderator

Dec 10, 2009
    Roaming
    Disconnector more than , hammer or trigger but they are cheap, all of the springs. The pin that retains the buffer, cam pin, extractor.

6. NEOH212

NEOH212 Diesel Girl

Mar 25, 2008
    North East Ohio
    Thank you much for your help. I have the parts coming! :wavey: