Replacement G23 Barrel

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by JJPLaw, Feb 22, 2013.

1. I have a G23C and am interested in a standard barrel - which is recommended and at what cost? (Storm Lake, Lone Wolf, Bar Sto, etc.). I am leaning to Storm Lake. Any help is appreciated.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Bill Lumberg

Bill Lumberg BTF Inventor

The three you mention are all fine. Unless you're shooting lead, or have damaged your barrel, you're better off with what you have.

3. Can't go wrong with Lone Wolf. I had one of their 9mm conv barrels for my G23 and it was flawless, only sold it because I picked up aG19. I'm planning on getting a .357 barrel for my G23 and it will be a Lone Wolf.

4. SDGlock23

SDGlock23 Glockoholic

Unless you plan on shooting lead or warmer handloads the stock barrel if fine. Otherwise, KKM is my favorite.

5. If you go to the Storm Lake website you'll notice that they only sell through a network of dealers. This may or may not be convenient where you live. I do believe LW will sell direct.

6. As others have said unless you shoot lead or hot 40's you can probably find a factory Glock 23 barrel without much effort. Why are you looking for another barrel for it?

7. I have many Lone Wolf Barrels and I have never had any issues with them. THey shoot and fit well. For what you want, it runs about $109 plus shipping directly from them.

8. KKM barrels are USA mfgr, and they do sell direct. I just ordered a KKM 9mm conversion barrel for my G32 from them last night. They are a little higher cost wise than LW, but I liked the many good reviews I read, and I liked their delivery time. This is my first KKM barrel, having bought Bar-Sto conversion barrels in the past, which have been good too.

KKM barrels are described as "match quality drop-in".

9. Stock barrel all the way...

10. So are Lone Wolf.

11. Anyone have a used one out there? Factory or aftermarket?

12. I like my Lone Wolf 40-9 barrel for my 23. Seems to be good quality.

13. Buy a non compensated Glock barrel. You can find them from time to time in the classifieds. Matter of fact that is where I bought both my .40 barrels.

14. Ryobi

Ryobi SummertimeRules

Will keep an eye out. Why are you seeking to replace the original?

15. Just looking to have the best of both worlds. Thanks for looking out.