Glock Talk banner

renewing cpl license

1K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  MetalManMI 
#1 ·
Was wondering if anyone know how long its taking to get the license renewed How many months in advance do I need to apply for renewal as to not let my current one expire. I live in wayne county. Thanks for any info!

#4 ·
You can now renew up to 12 months in advance. The renewal license kicks-in on the date your current license expires, so you don't lose anything by renewing in advance. While the times expressed are probably accurate for most applicants, they don't take hiccups into consideration (unclassifiable fingerprint impressions, lost/misplaced files, etc).

#6 ·
You can now renew up to 12 months in advance. The renewal license kicks-in on the date your current license expires, so you don't lose anything by renewing in advance. While the times expressed are probably accurate for most applicants, they don't take hiccups into consideration (unclassifiable fingerprint impressions, lost/misplaced files, etc).
When did the time period before renewal change?I always thought that it was the 6 month thing(review/firing range)..

However, the applicant shall sign the statement on the application certifying that he/she has completed at least three (3) hours of review of the pistol safety training course and has had at least 1 hour of firing range time in the 6 months immediately preceding the renewal application.

And doesn't it go off of your birthdate now?

A license to carry a concealed pistol is valid until the applicant’s date of birth that falls not less than four years, or more than five years, after the license is issued.

#7 ·
We were just talking about that at work yesterday... the license is good for 5 years, but only 4 birthdays just like you mentioned, so you're better off applying late in the month of your birthday. If it gets approved right before your birthday, you could lose a year's worth of license... Doesn't make any sense to me... The next time around, if you renew before your birthday, you lose almost a year; if you renew after your birthday, you have to let your old one lapse... weird!?

And being tied to the birthday is a new one for me... I renewed in May of '06, although my birthday is in September, and IIRC, that law didn't take effect until last year ('07).

-Joe

#8 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.