close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Renewal Question Mass

Discussion in 'New England Colonial Club' started by gt656, Mar 27, 2007.

1. gt656

gt656 havin' fun

Nov 24, 2004
    mass & maine, USA
    hi all,

my mass class a is due to expire 2-1-08 - has anyone had any experience renewing their class a and the time it took to complete - how long in advance should i fill out the paperwork so as not to be without?

i cannot wait to get rid of the huge size and get down to credit card size!

i will also renew my nh and maine out of state ltc but those were quick before and i hope the same this time.

thanks for any help.

2. BillS

BillS

Jul 26, 2003
    Massachusetts
    It is taking approx. 4-6 weeks to get a license through, the grace period was reinstated so as long as you apply before your expiration date you have 60 days grace. I dont't know about Maine but NH only takes about a week to renew.

Bil

3. lens

lens

Nov 24, 2005
    Northeast
    If you have a NR LTC, I'd file 2+ months in advance. There is NO 90-day grace period for NR LTC holders (only for Residents).

If it is a Resident LTC, I'd file at least 3 months in advance, as some PDs sit on them for a few months, making the process take anywhere from 4 weeks to 6 months (depending on if the PD does their job timely).

4. gt656

gt656 havin' fun

Nov 24, 2004
    mass & maine, USA
    great info guys - i will apply end of summer and should be safe.

thanks

5. When I renewed my LTC in Malden Mass I did it 3 months early and when the date came for my old one to expire they still did not have my new one ready. I had to go back four times before it was miraculusly ready. They said that they had one guy working midnight to 8 doing them and that he was on vacation. I mentioned something about the lack of importance they seem to have about law abiding citizens. I am in south carolina now. I have not tried to get a LTC here yet.