close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Rendering advice to a fellow customer in a gun shop

Discussion in 'GATE Self-Defense Forum' started by CDR_Glock, Jun 10, 2012.

1. CDR_Glock

CDR_Glock

Apr 1, 2010
    Virginia
    Mas

I have a story to tell:

I was in a gun store where I usually do not shop. In the midst of purchasing a gun, I heard a woman in her mid 20s say,"I want that pink gun" as she pointed to a Pink DB380.

I said it was best to choose a gun for form, reliability and function. She said, "What, then?". I replied it depends how much you are willing to maintain in a firearm. "A Semiauto has to be field stripped into multiple parts but a revolver is quite simple to maintain.". I pointed out some heavier revolvers that would be easier for control since lightweight guns (though more comfortable for concealment) are not as easy to control, especially for beginners.

The shop owner said to be careful since he is liable for advice that I give in his store. I've never heard that before.

Anyways, as she left, I said, "Get a Gun Safety Course before you even choose a gun."

I have spoken to fellow customers on numerous occasions and never heard that before.

Opinions?

Rick

2. Mas Ayoob

Mas Ayoob KoolAidAntidote Moderator

Nov 6, 2005
    Lots of different dynamics going on there, bro. I don't offer advice in gun shops unless asked, as a rule. As a customer, I don't think it's my place to do so. Just one guy's opinion,

Mas