Removing Annoying Links

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by Angry Fist, Feb 26, 2013.

1. Angry Fist

Angry Fist *******!!®
    Lifetime Member
    1. Glock Talk's Drunk Squad

It only happens on my laptop, not my desktop or tablet. Random words or phrases underlined, and are links to other ads. How do I remove them? Thanks.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Angry Fist

Angry Fist *******!!®
    Lifetime Member

Links in orange. Does it on all websites, sometimes dozens of links at a time. Like a friggin' minefield.

[​IMG]

#2 Angry Fist, Feb 26, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2013
  3. You've got some adware installed on your system. It scans any web page you're viewing and turns relevant words into links with popup ads. You probably installed it as an extension in your browser, or it may have been installed along with another program.

I would check your add/remove programs for anything suspect, and your browser extensions as well. Google Ad-sense does the double underlined link, usually with green color, but that's server side so every visitor sees them. Yours are orange and client side since you're only seeing it on the one PC, and it's obviously not coming from the GlockTalk server, so it's something installed on that particular PC.

Microsoft SE or Malwarebytes may remove it.

4. Check to see if Deal Vault has been installed and remove it.

5. You could start by telling us:

Which OS are you using? Windows? Mac? Linux?

Which browser are you using? Internet Explorer? FireFox?

6. Angry Fist

Angry Fist *******!!®
    Lifetime Member

Win7 and IE9. Checked the program list, and see nothing out of the ordinary.

7. Roll your cursor over one of the links. Does a box pop up? See if there is any info, like "search provided by" in the box. I had something similar, and was able to figure out what it was based on the info in the pop up box.

Google whatever info you find. There should be links on how to get rid of it.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

8. GIockGuy24

GIockGuy24 Bring M&M's