Removed my gen 3 19 finger humps!

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by smokintonye, Mar 28, 2012.

1. Thankyou. I was happy with the way it felt in hand with it smooth but but my eyes kept going towards that part of the gun. I then did some more work to blend it in. Im pretty happy with it.

I really like the way you did your backstrap.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. I just ground off the finger humps on my Gen 3 G23. At this point I'm trying to decide how I'm going to finish it.

Can anyone tell me if it's okay to grind where the humps were all the way down and smooth off the little plastic nubs that are in between the finger humps so that the whole frontstrap is smooth, will there still be enough plastic left to stipple it without weakening the frame? Or, should I go ahead and stipple over them?

[​IMG]

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

#42 Chesafreak, Oct 6, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2012
  3. Have an FDE G23 (my first Glock) coming and if the grooves aren't in the right place they're coming off, but the first thing I'm doing is rounding the front of the trigger guard. I don't use this feature and see no point in having it. Besides I think my new Block'll look better without it .

4. You guys are good. Bought a G19 Gen 4 and my middle finger has been killing me after I shoot it. Can see now after your post it rubbing the trigger guard. Need to get the right size sanding drum for my Dremmel tool. Can see that is definitely the problem. Notice all my other make guns do not make contact with part of the finger that hurts after shooting my Glock.

5. You should be good to remove them, I did it on my 26. I wouldn't be too agressive with the stipple job though.

6. Genin

Genin Designated Left

Great job on the re-stipple. I have mine set up the same way (but still has the finger grooves) with the aggressive stippling in the front and rear with light stippling on the sides. It's very very effective and I love the way it feels. Once again, good job.

7. great job.....i might have to pony up and do it.....i've been leary about it because you change it....for good.....

8. This is what my finger bump removal looked like

[​IMG]

9. :whistling: :upeyes:

10. When the original 17 came out it fit my hand perfect. I could just grab it and have a nice high hold. The finger grooves that came in gen3 were poorly placed for me. I am lower on the grip unless I think to shift my grip. On the compacts they fit me perfect but I'd still prefer to not have them. I guess it depends on your hand size, how critical a high hold (or whatever you consider a good hold) is out of the holster, and which exact Glock you are using.

11. TexasPOff

TexasPOff "Dump The Hump"

I don't own a Glock that has fingerhumps. :)

[​IMG]

TXPO

#51 TexasPOff, Oct 7, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2012
  12. I like the recessed area around the mag release.. cool