Removed my gen 3 19 finger humps!

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by smokintonye, Mar 28, 2012.

1. Your feet are in the water now...might as well jump in :cool:

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. you know the dremel sanding drum is a perfect fit between the handgrip and the trigger guard! it fits right in the curve. all you have to do is turn it on, apply slight pressure and take off as much material as you want, dress it and done. really, it is almost like it was mad to do that job alone. the undercut was the easiest part of taking off the finger grooves and stippling job...5 minutes max, go ahead and do it now why you are thinking about it, really lets you get up there with your fingers.

3. smokintonye

smokintonye Instructor

Well, I went and undercut the trigger guard. Came out pretty good.
    [​IMG]

4. smokintonye

smokintonye Instructor

You guys are a bad influence Lol! Now you got me thinking about rounding the trigger guard. Still thinking about stippling just the front and back.

Originally I was gonna send the frame into Cold Bore Customs. Guess I'll get'r done myself!

5. TSAX

TSAX USAF Vet

:tempted: :supergrin:

:50cal:

6. yours looks just like mine, that dremel sanding wheel fit perfect didn't it! glock should make one and put their name on it and triple the price, then all the ultimate fanboys would buy them all! they would make a killing!!!

7. smokintonye

smokintonye Instructor

:rofl:

8. smokintonye

smokintonye Instructor

Now look what happened today!
    [​IMG]
    Front of my trigger guard got bumped into a grinder!!

9. smokintonye

smokintonye Instructor

Did a little stippling. Nothing to major. Lighting sucks, they look alot better in person.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. smokintonye

smokintonye Instructor

Maybe this looks a little better.
    [​IMG]
    Not sure what else I am going to do. Enough for today!

#30 smokintonye, Mar 31, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2012
  11. smokin, i took mine all the way down to include those little recesses between the bumps then smoothed the front and stippled the whole grip. you would be amazed at how much better it feels. those little squares aint crap compared to a stipple job. yours looks good but IMHO would look better without the breaks in between, to get it even just run your dremel across the whole thing and restipple, should take you 10 minutes to remove it and 2 hours to stipple it!
    i just got done stippling a new G78 field knife handle.......talk about taking forever! i finally switched pens from my fine point i use on guns to my round point i use on everything else. sped things up a bit!!!

12. smokintonye

smokintonye Instructor

Yeah, I am thinking about it. I did a full 360 stipple on my Fullsize M&P9, so I know what you mean about the difference it makes.

13. I personally prefer the grooves, but you did an excellent job removing them. If you like YOUR pistol more now than before, it was worth it. Good Job.

14. smokintonye

smokintonye Instructor

Thanks. Pics don't do it justice. Not sure what more I'll do just yet.

15. What would be cool is if Glock would offer interchangeable front strap pieces like the Gen 4 back straps. With finger grooves and without finger grooves.

Steve

16. smokintonye

smokintonye Instructor

Stippled. Went heavy on the front and back, left the middle of the sides alone, and went lightly around the sides. Feels so amzing now!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. Hey, good work there!

18. smokintonye

smokintonye Instructor

Voice of Elvis: "Why thank you, thank you very much"

19. I also removed my bottom bump because it got on my nerves.
    I used a dremel, razor blade, and file. It took me about 1.5 hours.
    DSC_1475.jpg

20. smokintonye

smokintonye Instructor

Looks good, you can hardly tell there was a bump ever there.