close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Removal of front sight off a 14.5"barrel with welded FH

Discussion in 'Black Rifle Forum' started by ottomatic, Feb 28, 2010.

1. ottomatic

ottomatic

Oct 15, 2002
    SW Tennessee
    Just bought an LMT upper with a 14.5 barrel with a permanently attached flash hider. Nothing wrong with it, but I prefer a folding front sight to give me a cleaner sight plane. What is the best way to cut the front sight off, so I don't have to mess with the FH?

2. NeverMore1701

NeverMore1701 Fear no Evil Platinum Member

Jun 25, 2004
    Amarillo, Tx
    If you have a Dremmel, a steady hand, and some patience, you can just shave the FSB down to fit under a rail. Just don't do like the retard I got my current cluster**** from and do a terrible job, then who knows how much trouble it'll cause you!

3. faawrenchbndr

faawrenchbndr DirtyThirty fan CLM

Nov 24, 2005
    Troy
    Are you looking to make this FSB a low profile and install a rail to cover?
    The link below has a TON of info. From removing the FSB, to shaving the
    FSB to removing a perm attached flash hider. Go about 1/2 to 1/3 down.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=4&t=226782

Last edited: Feb 28, 2010
  4. ottomatic

ottomatic

Oct 15, 2002
    SW Tennessee
    I was planning to completely remove the front sight and replace it with a two piece gasblock w/rail.

5. HAIL CAESAR

HAIL CAESAR Senior Member

Mar 1, 2007
    In my shop
    Urrfff, send it off to a pro like ADCO. Do NOT USE AR15barrels.com!!!

6. bjesse60

bjesse60

Aug 7, 2008
    KY
    +1 Let Adco take care of it, they do great work & fast ! :cool:

7. Spiffums

Spiffums I.C.P.

Sep 30, 2006
    +10 They will do a better job than a "home smith" and they can take off and replace the flash hider.

8. Achped

Achped

Feb 12, 2010
    I can never seen to get a straight answer. How much does adco charge? I want to send them my Stag 3h upper to cut and thread to 14.5" (Not install the FH, I will do it myself) but I keep getting different answers because if I don't take it out of the upper receiver they will have to take the barrel out and charge and whatever

9. When faced with these situations I just try and buy it exactly the way I want from the start. Pinned/welded flash hiders and removing the gas block seems to equal and expensive option. If it were me and I wasn't willing to sell off the upper I'd just take my time with a dremel and cut very cautiously. It's not rocket science in removing it, just lots of patience.