close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

removal of emblem adhesive

Discussion in 'Car Forum' started by ndbullet500, May 22, 2006.

1. ndbullet500

ndbullet500 Unmutual

Dec 12, 2005
    6 Private
    I had the center part (the pretty emblem part) pop out of the trunk lock surround on a cadillac deville. I ordered a new one, but it is all one piece, so I have to get the old surround "bezel" off the car's trunk lid too so I can replace it.

How the heck do I do it? I just looked at it and it seems like they used some really strong adhesive. Enlighten me, wise ones who have faced this before.

2. Stang Man

Stang Man Federal HST

Feb 22, 2006
    RGV, Tx
    Is it just the adhesive left or the bezel as well. If it's just adhesive, use 3m adhesive remover. With the bezel, you might try to heat up the adhesive with a blow dryer and CAREFULLY pull it off.

Good luck.

3. JC26

JC26

Mar 27, 2002
    FL
    Many use monofilament and a little finesse followed by 'goo-gone' or equivalent. Kind of a wire saw type motion.

HTH,
    jc

4. ProfMoriarty

ProfMoriarty

Mar 28, 2004
    Agreed.

Heat up the bezel with a hair dryer.

Dental floss or monofilament as described above.

Goof Off the residue. (Test on paint on inside bottom of door first.)

5. ndbullet500

ndbullet500 Unmutual

Dec 12, 2005
    6 Private
    Thanks guys, I'll give the dental floss/fishing line a try with goo-gone.

6. Mwildt

Mwildt

Mar 23, 2003
    Lexington, KY
    Sometimes emblems are held in by two pins that actually go through the sheet metal. Mostly they are the "main" emblems, not sure if the one around your trunk lock would have them or not. If they do...I don't know what to tell you, depends on how good you are at stuff like that. If it's just adhesive, do as others have already suggested.