close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Remora "No Clip" Holsters

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by Dexters, Jul 3, 2012.

1. rmodel65

rmodel65

Oct 29, 2011
    i have one i like it...i carry my M&P in it sometimes

2. Caver 60

Caver 60

Jun 12, 2007
    Midwest
    Been quite a few threads on this site about the Remora. Try a search. Generally they seem to be pretty well accepted around here. I have three myself.

They're not my favorite, especially for pocket carry. They're just to bulky for pocket carry for even a Kahr or a P3AT. They do stick better than a Nemeses in a pocket, but they're just too bulky and hard to draw from in a pocket.

They work fairly well in the waistband, but I have others that I think work better.

3. Dexters

Dexters

May 3, 2004
    ga
  4. dosei

dosei

Mar 22, 2005
    Upstate SC
    We've all been there at one time or another...:cool:

5. robhic

robhic WOLVERINE!!!! Platinum Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Louisiana
    I have 3. One for my G26, my G19 and a Taurus 38/357 revolver. The two for the Glocks both have the sweat shield and I really like my Remoras.

I carry the G26 daily with the 19 on occasion like the Taurus. I like that I can easily take the entire package out and stick it between the console and seat for instant car gun! I can also take the entire package out and stick in a safe, too.

The Remora is very versatile.

6. KingWalleye

KingWalleye

Jan 6, 2011
    Versatile and a lifetime warranty to boot! For the money you can't go wrong.

7. Sgt.K

Sgt.K They Just Work!

Jan 11, 2000
    Kentucky, USA
    Get one I'm sure you won't be disappointed. Get an "ART" style if you want to acquire a full grip. Plus check out all of the other options available.

8. Lior

Lior GUNS=FREEDOM

Jul 23, 2004
    Israel
    Best value for money for any IWB holster. Have used mine to deep conceal five guns, from G19 to 5" double stack 1911. Also works fine with a Lasermax Micro on the gun's frame rail.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2012
  9. unit1069

unit1069

Oct 10, 2007
    So. Central US
    I also recommend the ART design if you plan on CCW. And the magazine holder is perfect for IWB carry with a steel telescoping baton when carrying a firearm is impracticable.

10. JimBianchi

JimBianchi Da Da CLM

Feb 15, 2006
    Las Vegas
    Just got mine this week and have been carrying my Kahr K9 and MK9 in it for 12-14hrs a day, for the last 6 days.

Very comfortable. Very secure. I can wear it very low in the waist line with a 15 degree cant and it stays in place.

On the down side, I had to make a public bathroom stop Monday and was glad it was the MK9, because it will easily fit in my pocket while I do my business.

My G26 fit in this Remora too, but it would be an issue getting that in my 501 pockets.

11. Sharky7

Sharky7 Boomshakalaka

Feb 21, 2009
    Not every self defense situation can/will involve your firearm. Just something to think about. If you ever had to go hands on for whatever reason, this is not the holster I would want to be wearing IWB.

12. Drain You

Drain You NRA member

Apr 25, 2012
    I'd recommend you buy one & try it for yourself. Get the ART as noted above and splurge $5 for the reinforced holster. It stays open really well.

As I said in my own thread, it doesn't work with every body type or every pair of pants I have. Mainly the thinner material on my dress pants, but only because those pants aren't thick enough & my belt can't go any tighter. Getting in/out of my truck I find it moving more than I'd like.

Scary as hell when it falls inside your clothing. I'll keep using it for now when I'm going to places I'm required to disarm, but I'm going to get a leather holster w straps soon for other times.

13. Dexters

Dexters

May 3, 2004
    ga
    I guess I didn't remember seeing recommendations for the Remora because when people ask about a IWB holster the Remora doesn't come up as an answer too often.

14. cowboy1964

cowboy1964

Sep 4, 2009
    U.S.A.
    Have one, don't use it. Too bulky for my taste. The one thing I do use it for is to get the carry feel for a new gun until I get a fitted holster for it.

15. Drain You

Drain You NRA member

Apr 25, 2012

Depends on the day. Lot of companies out there making holsters, lots of guys chime in with their favorite company whenever there is a chance. Having a good product will do that.

It is something you just have to experience for yourself. If you don't like wearing it, you're only out $35 and you still have a great holster for car/nightstand carry.

16. cadillacguns

cadillacguns Millennium Member

Jan 20, 1999
    Indianapolis, IN USA
    I have one I like it for IWB, but been using the nemesis inside pocket holster with my G-27 all summer.

17. Rupert

Rupert

Sep 28, 2011
    I have 3. Very comfortable and secure iwb. I wear it while commuting to work via bike. 9 miles round trip and doesn't budge.