Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Reason #1
  • Reason #2
  • Reason #3

Site Description

Remora Holster The Nicest Review I will ever draft

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by Green Mountain Boy, Dec 22, 2012.

1. I am a truth teller when it comes to reviews. My business is almost completely review driven. If a client does not like doing business with us everyone will know and we are sol.

Therefore when I write a review I tell the truth good, bad, or ugly. Notice the word amazing is not normally in my vocabulary.

I have just received my Remora 6GART. I have been wearing it all night and THIS THING IS AMAZING. I have tried other holsters and there is no doubt this is by far the best so far for concealing a G27.

I have only been able to carry my 27 when I was wearing a flannel shirt or something long. This is my typical casual attire but it is good to dress a bit nicer at work.

I am trying on outfit after outfit like a friggin girl and am ecstatic to find that this holster has expanded my G27 acceptable wardrobe considerably. I would have paid 3x the price for this thing (don't tell the folks at Remora).

I will be ordering one for every one of my firearms rather rapidly and I would suggest you do the same.

I am going to carry this all day tomorrow and report back.

Regards, GMB
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2012
  2. RPVG

Oct 6, 2012
    Orlando, FL
    Wow! That's quite an endorsement.

3. PhotoFeller

Nov 18, 2010
    SW Florida
    Welcome to the club! They work anywhere around the waistband. They have a lifetime satisfaction guarantee. They're made in the USA (Naples, FL) by local folks. They're reasonably priced. What more could we ask for?
  4. arushus

arushus Biggest Member

Jul 22, 2011
    NE Oklahoma
    I love mine, I cant remember the exact model number, but it is the number 6 artemis cut with sweat shield and the stiffer insert. I use it for my G27 also. I love being able to just pick it up and tuck it in my pants and go...doesnt get any easier. Im getting one for my G19 soon.
  5. 4Baldy

Apr 11, 2009
    I been wearing a Remora with my G-19 for the last year and I think it is the best thing since sliced bread. With out a doubt the most comforable holster I have ever had. Bought them for my wife and two of my daughters and they swear by them now. Good luck with yours...:supergrin:
  6. I keep doing the old self pat down. You know the one you used to do on your first walmart walk where you constantly were afraid your gun was gone? I am doing it now because I swear it feals like its not even there. Of course it is every time.
  7. Sgt.K

Sgt.K They Just Work!

Jan 11, 2000
    Kentucky, USA
    Wearing my G26 in one right now. Loose tied shorts no problem. Will be getting one for my new Gen 4 G19 very soon.
  8. arushus

arushus Biggest Member

Jul 22, 2011
    NE Oklahoma
    Remember to wash the outside of it every now and then. It will start to lose its tackiness as oil and other junk builds up on it. Personally i just wipe the outside down with alcohol and it brings it back to its usual tackiness.
  9. RPVG

Oct 6, 2012
    Orlando, FL
    Hmmm. Lemme see if I have this right. This is a holster that just slips inside your waistband? No clip(s)? Nothing to hold it but friction?

Is that essentially correct?
  10. danielcut

Dec 8, 2012
    That is correct. I love mine. I'm amazed that it works as well as it does.
  11. G19goesBang

Mar 28, 2012
    I have one for my Shield and one for my 19. I sold my crossbreed months ago. Its the only way to go IWB
  12. RPVG

Oct 6, 2012
    Orlando, FL
    Wow! I've gotta look into this!

I'm guessing the "6" is a size, and these Remoras come by "barrel length" or something, rather than matched to specific models of handguns.

Gotta look into this. Thanks!
  13. Sgt.K

Sgt.K They Just Work!

Jan 11, 2000
    Kentucky, USA
    This link has a fitment chart and other info.

14. Glockfelty

Jul 23, 2011
    I have one for my Glock 23 & 36, also have one for my S&W j frame. They are the most comfortably holster I have used. I too have to check to make sure it is still there. I can even wear it with my shirt tucked, and it just disappears. There is also the Sticky holster, of which I have. I believe two guys were partners in Remora and had a falling out and the one started Sticky. Both are made in Naples, FL.
  15. Txnowtn

Apr 5, 2004
    Sevierville TN
    I never thought of that. Thanks for the advice. I usually put my G26 in one and stick it in my front pocket. Us guys with "ample thighs" can do that and no one notices.
  16. elde

elde Lifetime Member

Aug 31, 2008
    I have several and carry something in a Remora each day. Alan's new holster that allows for both owb and iwb carry is brilliant & you can even add a removeable strap for owb carry, which is great for deep woods/mountain carry around my cabin.

Alan's a great guy as well. He stands behind his products 100%.
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2012
  17. jamaicanj

Nov 25, 2007
    I have four of the holsters. I also use a mag carrier for pocket carry.

Great service and great product that works as advertised.
  18. cadillacguns

cadillacguns Millennium Member

Jan 20, 1999
    Indianapolis, IN USA
    Yep dont ask me how they work either but they just do. Kinda like a mouse pad folded over your gun. Stick it and your gun in your waste band and away you go. Its that easy.
  19. HGxyz

Apr 12, 2010
    Washington State
    I wish the Remora was the first holster I ever bought instead of the 31st (but they didn't exist back then). The only thing I don't like is they leave me with a drawer full of idle leather and Kydex.

Some other advantages that may not have been mentioned above:

- Can get it in about a week
    - Wear it anywhere in the waistband, any cant, any depth
    - Make instant adjustment
    - Don't need a "good gun belt"
  20. I am also going to add that the Remora holsters are one of the most comfortable