close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Remora holster review

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by bjhubb, Jun 12, 2011.

1. bjhubb

bjhubb
    Expand Collapse

Got in a Remora holster for my g26 and wore it all day yesterday around town. I have to say that I am really impressed. I wore it iwb with loose fitting cargo shorts and no belt with a tshirt. It was a really hot day and it had to be adjusted a couple times because of sweat making it a little less tacky. But in those instances it moved only about an inch. I bet it wouldn't have moved at all if I had tighter fitting shorts on. I am still going to get a tuckable iwb holster for it. I got the artemis reinforced top which makes it easier to get a good grip and allows for single hand reholstering. I tested this out many times and it works very well. For the money this holster will allow for many different types of carry.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. BIG-DOG

BIG-DOG
    Expand Collapse

I have 3 Remora holsters and they work great for appendix carry. Easy to take on and off. If you wear a regular pants belt they don't move at all. I have tried just about everything, rolling, jumping, even hung upside down and they do not move. Great versatile holster. I recommend getting the reinforcment for one hand holstering and the sweat guard.

3. scattershot

scattershot
    Expand Collapse

Does it allow the full firing grip on the 26?

4. emore

emore
    Expand Collapse

I've got to jump in here and say that the Remora is one of the easiest holsters ever to forget that your wearing. I've never had one move on me at all. I carry a G27 usually although I have carried a G19 and G23 in one before. Same excellent results, regardless of the gun. The hold-open feature is well worth the few bucks, IMHO.

5. NAS T MAG

NAS T MAG
    Expand Collapse

Add the sweat shield for another $5 and you have one of the best IWB holster for the cost. Just ordered another one today.

6. texas 48

texas 48
    Expand Collapse
    Gold Member

I did just that. After I got my 1st one last week and carried my G29 with swim trunks and a shirt I orderd 2 more just got them today. Without a doubt it is the most comfortable AIWB available and does everything as advertised. It just does not move.Alan is a good guy to work with.

7. cowboy1964

cowboy1964
    Expand Collapse

For 3-4 o'clock I still find the MTAC and Blade-Tech Nano more comfortable.

8. 19Glock19

19Glock19
    Expand Collapse

Hows the retention?

9. G21ACPBeliever

G21ACPBeliever
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, 9 months ago when I was talking about what a comfortable product remora is every troll in the land kept saying that I was a "rep" trying to get them free advertising on GT... Now that people have actually tried their product & love it... What now? Great option for deep concealment! I have 1 for every model I own- makes my kelTec vanish!

10. texas 48

texas 48
    Expand Collapse
    Gold Member

G29 in a bathing suit little or no movement. Draw your own conclusion. Don't know of any other IWB holster I can do that with. No Clips. Only draw back is next to the skin it can pull some hair.

11. emore

emore
    Expand Collapse

I find the retention to be something that never crosses my mind. And I am used to a thumb break holster. If it was any problem whatsoever, I couldn't be comfortable with it. I don't hang by my knees on the monkey bars but I would think it would retain the gun even then. Retention is not a problem.

12. jrush2525

jrush2525
    Expand Collapse

I got mine yesterday for my G19 and love it! It is comfortable and secures nicely. I'm glad I made the purchase.

13. NMG26

NMG26
    Expand Collapse

This is my Remora with a G26.

[​IMG]

I now carry this Gun with the same holster.

[​IMG]

#13 NMG26, Jun 19, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2011
  14. 1canvas

1canvas
    Expand Collapse

i couldn't find the price, what do they go for? its hard to see how they could be that secure without an attachment.

15. NMG26

NMG26
    Expand Collapse

16. texas 48

texas 48
    Expand Collapse
    Gold Member

Go to the online store. 30 to 35 shipped.They are very secure without an attachment , and comfortable as well.

17. 1canvas

1canvas
    Expand Collapse

thanks NMG26, that worked. i think i'll be ordering a couple for my 27 and j-frame. i just have to figure which models would be the best.

18. 4Baldy

4Baldy
    Expand Collapse

For what you pay for them and how well they work, they are one heck of a deal..:cool:

19. emore

emore
    Expand Collapse

Personally, I wouldn't have an IWB holster other than the Remora. If it has those belt loops on it, to me that just screams out "I've got a gun!" The Remora, which stays put without straps or loops by means of the material it's made of, is far superior in my opinion. I've had a Cross Breed Super Tuck, a Galco King Tuk, and a couple of no name IWB holsters and I've sold or given every single one away. I still have every Remora I've ever bought. The fact that one size often fits multiple guns is just a bonus.

20. jamaicanj

jamaicanj
    Expand Collapse

I have one for my 19 and I love it