Remora for NOW

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by glowrod, Feb 21, 2013.

1. GreenDrake

GreenDrake Rip Lips

Without question, yes.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Lior

Lior GUNS=FREEDOM

Good generic holsters can be excellent value for money. Remora and SmartCarry come into mind in this respect. I stopped buying gun specific IWB holsters after getting a Remora.

3. Toetag

Toetag Wannabe

Yeppers...me too.

4. I was skeptical, but purchased one after seeing so many positive reviews. All I can say is the only upsetting thing is the money I've spent on holsters and belts all these years. For my particular clothing and lifestyle, I have little reason for anything else. Talk about keepin' it simple.

5. SCmasterblaster

Millennium Member

I carry C1 in my Bianchi 4/4L.

6. G27GenFour

G27GenFour American

Great info, all, and I've been really wanting to find/get a Remora for my 27, but I can't find them anywhere. Should have ordered on on-line, I suppose. But I do see the Sticky brand locally, and I was wondering if anyone has any comparisons of Remoras to Sticky holsters. Basically the same thing?

7. I've tried to see if the trigger could be pulled to no avail. I've always had some form of kydex holster before the remora though. Just have to mentally get used to it.

8. GreenDrake

GreenDrake Rip Lips

G27 I think they are about the same thing. Just order online, they get it to you in a few days tops.

Droid, you are going to fall in love with it. I even sold my barber on it today.

9. G27GenFour

G27GenFour American

I believe I will, sir! Too many great comments about these for me to doubt 'em... Thanks.

#29 G27GenFour, Feb 28, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2013
  10. SCmasterblaster

Millennium Member

Have you thought to CCW with a G27?

11. ExNavyInHouston

ExNavyInHouston PashnOfTheGlock

I need you guys with Remoras to help me make sure I am thinking this out properly. I notice they make a type "RFT" - designed to not collapse.

I'm thinking all I need is the original design because I'll only be using this is as a conceal carry holster. I won't be taking courses, or competing with it, so it will be for only using "in case of an emergency" ... so after a dramatic moment such as that, the concern for getting the gun back in the holster in a quick way won't be an issue.

Don't get me wrong, I like the idea of an RFT, but as with everything there must be a trade off of a little more thickness. If someone says it's pretty much the same thickness as the Original I might opt for the RFT.

I'm just trying to find the best holster that will help me carry more often in more situations. I carry at 1 o'clock and love the idea I can wear this higher in the waist, meaning I can wear one of my longer guns up front.

Living in Texas, I'm in cargo shorts most of the year, so when I decided to make the switch to up front carry suddenly my 19 and 26 were too long. I then went to a Kahr PM9, and ended up with a Rohrbaugh 9. It was the only 9 I could wear that didn't stab me when sitting or driving.

I'll buy one for my 26, and if I like that then I'll get one for my 36.

I just learned of this holster last night and I've been reading reviews, watching videos (who doesn't love the lady wearing one in a bikini) and I'm really hopeful.

My main goal for this post is too not buy more engineering than I need for my application.

12. the original has worked well for me. I'm not worried about reholstering. with this type of holster I would pull it out anyway to reholster even if it had a reinforced opening.

13. ExNavyInHouston

Thanks 1canvas. That's my thinking too.

I just wrote them and asked if they found people who carry in front tend to like the Sweat Shield version more.

My thinking is even though am not sporting a large stomach, I am nearly 50 and there's no six pack there either - maybe the SS would help as the rear of the slide is bound to press into when sitting and driving.

Maybe I am over thinking this, so if anyone here also carries in front could chime in, I would appreciate it.

14. glowrod

glowrod Fightin' Fire

I too went with the original although I added the sweat shield to it for my 23. Will be ordering the same style for my PPS. I personally can manage to reholster with minimal manipulation. I am more concerned about ease of draw which is no problem.

15. if I was carrying in the front I would get a SS.

16. I carry all of my guns appendix with a Remora Holster.

I often don't use a seat belt.

I have to admit it worries me a bit if I was in a accident with a belt on or not. Hate to damage the gun with the steering wheel or belt.

17. you carry a gun for protection but no seat belt:dunno:. you are much more likely to get hurt or killed in the car without a belt on than in a shoot out:wavey:.

18. GreenDrake

GreenDrake Rip Lips

You don't need the reinforced top. As others have said, reholstering is not what you have to worry about. I may get the Sweat Shield model for summer carry so the grip and hammer don't dig into me if against my skin. I like the ART model for a better grip purchase.

19. ExNavyInHouston

Thanks for the input ... I'm going to start out with the G26 holster.

Here's the "edited" email I got back from Alan about his experience and suggestions for appendix carry. Plus, he discusses the "new" Full Sweat Shield:

#39 ExNavyInHouston, Mar 7, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2013
  20. SCmasterblaster

Millennium Member

Good advice! :cool: