close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Remington Model 31A

Discussion in 'Tactical Shotguns' started by KiloXray, Mar 13, 2011.

1. KiloXray

KiloXray
    Expand Collapse

I just inherited a Remington Model 31A. This was the 12 ga. that I grew up shooting, so I am very happy to have it in my possession now. I do believe that it is probably from the 1940's. All in all, it is not in bad shape, original furniture is there, still fires fine, action is slick as can be. VERY small amount of rust on the barrel. I probably would just get it re-blued.

I have been having a HECK of a time finding any sort of replacement parts for this shotgun, as I would sort of like to overhaul it.

Anyone know where I could find some pieces and parts? Maybe even an aftermarket stock and forend? Sure would be helpful.

As far as I know, this shotgun was the precursor to the 870, though few if any of the parts are interchangeable. Any help would be great!

Thanks. KX

2. vafish

vafish
    Expand Collapse

The 31a is a great shotgun I have a couple of them that belonged to my grandfather.

Unfortunately the have little.collector appeal so finding parts can be difficult.

3. pezzulli

pezzulli
    Expand Collapse

4. KiloXray

KiloXray
    Expand Collapse

Thanks, this helps alot!

Im surprised nobody has chimed in about the Model 31. From what I have read, this shotgun has been regarded as being even better than the famous 870!

5. pezzulli

pezzulli
    Expand Collapse

You're welcome! Gunbroker.com also often lists parts for the Model 31.

It is one smooth functioning shotgun. The slide action feels as if it was riding on ball bearings. In fact, I believe it is referred to as the ball bearing shotgun.

John

#5 pezzulli, Mar 17, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2011