Remington "Golden Saber" .45 JPH

Discussion in 'Caliber Corner' started by nochromeguns, Feb 17, 2013.

1. Out looking for ammo..:rofl: I found some "home defense" aka "expensive" rounds at Cabela's. Since my Glock 36 was begging to be fired and still new in box, I went for the $37/box punishment and purchased my first $1.50/round .45 ammo. I was pleasantly surprised to find it of very high quality. of course at that price it was apply named "GOLDEN saber".

I didnt fire the entire box of 25 and was lucky enough to recover the very first round I fired into a concrete block. The bullet politely sat on the ground waiting for me to find it while scavenging my brass. The bullet's weight after firing is .524 oz compared to its initial weight of .0.5257 oz. No I didn't weigh the bullet before, simply converted it from 230 grains. That being said, I believe it stayed 99% intact after striking concrete. Being new to ballistics, I think that's pretty good even though its the most expensive .45 round I've ever purchased. The Glock 36, BTW, was flawless in the first 10 rounds. LOVE IT!

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!

Attached Files:

2. G26S239

G26S239 NRA Patron

That is good stuff. Back in 2006/2007 it was available @ gun shows for $7.99 or so a box of 25. I bought quite a few and still have a couple hundred left.

3. nochromeguns,

I have never tried the Golden Saber's in 45 ACP, I have tested these in 9mm both factory cartridges and bullets which I reloaded my own. Both gave me excellent performance out of all three of my Glock 9's.

Sorry you had to pay so much but I'm afraid this is the world we find ourselves in right at the moment.

Thanks for the range report, keep them coming. :thumbsup:

Good luck and be safe out there

4. Texas357

Texas357 Señor Member
    CLM

Cdnn had some, I think. Maybr not anymore, the way things are going. Still expensive, maybe not so bad.

I like it in 9mm, solves some feeding problems in certain pistols.

#4 Texas357, Feb 18, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2013
  5. SCmasterblaster

Millennium Member

My how the prices have gone up!

6. G26S239

G26S239 NRA Patron

Definitely. I don't know if Remington had a large over run that Miwall bought up or what happened but my friend Stu and I stocked over several gun shows back then before the deals dried up.

7. robhic

robhic WOLVERINE!!!!
    Platinum Member

FYI, you might give SGAmmo.com a try. It's my favorite site and when he has it, he's generally got the best prices on ammo.

I got Golden Saber in 9mm for $24 a box of 50 so I'd hope .45 is gonna be similar. There are many other brands available, too, at good pricing. Check them out.

8. Joshhtn

Joshhtn The eBay Guy
    Silver Member

Great stuff! My STI eats them up like candy.

9. I've only fired my own Golden Saber reloads, but in my experience, they feed like hardball. One of my favorites.

10. SCmasterblaster

Millennium Member

GO FOR IT with that G36!

11. My G30, XDS, Colt LW Commander and SA 1911A1 feed it with no issues. It's what I've carried the last 10 years.

12. SCmasterblaster

Millennium Member

10 year's experience says a lot! :cool::cool:

#12 SCmasterblaster, Feb 19, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2013